Senior Program Manager
Remote - US / Canada
We want to help everyone build better software, which is why we’re creating a company where anyone, regardless of what they look like or where they come from, can grow and succeed. We believe that when people with different perspectives, life experiences, and identities join us and thrive, we can build better products for developers all around the world. As we grow, we want our workforce to represent the global community that we serve.
This role will focus across Engineering, Product and Design, to ensure that projects, programs and partnerships are infused with a diversity and inclusion lens to enable a richer and more satisfying experience in the talent lifecycle and to ensure that our EPD team is a place where diversity, inclusion and belonging are core to the culture. The Senior Program Manager reports to the Chief of Staff of their aligned business unit, and their “dotted line” teammates will be their peers aligned to other business units. In working closely with their Chief of Staff, the Senior Program Manager will have direct line of sight into the business’ talent needs, leadership team objectives, and alignment with the rhythm of business. In meeting regularly with their peers, collaborate on cross-company initiatives, share best practices, and better develop metrics and KPIs.
Our products, platform and ecosystem must be designed for the vibrant global developer community that we serve. This includes ensuring that they are inclusive and accessible in language, naming, and reach. For example, are we designing for regions where mobile phones are much more prevalent than computers? Are we using language that makes people feel safe on our platform? We also believe in leveraging our platform to contribute to accelerating human progress in ways GitHub is uniquely positioned to do, such as encouraging people to participate in civic engagement and voting.
The Senior Program Manager is an accessible, experimentation-friendly, and specialized front-line resource for all employees at all levels within the Engineering, Product and Design org to create a work experience that drives fulfillment, growth, and happiness for all employees.
Who you are: You take a systemic approach to solving systemic problems. You have worked with internal teams to plan and implement a strategy to result in a more diverse and inclusive workforce. You have experience designing programs and initiatives that result in measurable progress. You’ve diplomatically challenged mindsets and inspired new points of view and removed systemic and cultural roadblocks to leave a lasting, positive impact on an organization. You’re a bit of a data and communications geek with a penchant for using all available channels to make even the most complex of concepts easier to understand. You have a growth mindset -- you approach everything as a learning opportunity and you’re excited to create something new. And you’re great at bringing others along with you on this journey.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
● Connect the dots between the strategic objectives of the organization leadership, the needs of the employees and people managers within that organization, and the company resources that service those objectives and needs - all while maintaining a focus on increasing and amplifying diversity and strengthening inclusivity.
● Partner with Engineering, Product and Design teams on quarterly initiatives, providing guidance and coaching on sponsored initiatives and talent and culture issues
● Champion and scale initiatives globally across a diverse, remote and multifunctional organization.
● Create, maintain and facilitate data-driven, high-impact resources in a variety of formats across multiple audiences to enable everyone to support and further our objectives.
● Integrate key concepts of belonging, inclusion, and diversity into existing programs, policies and practices.
● Be a strong voice for inclusion and diversity at GitHub and in the broader industry community, communicating effectively and regularly with internal and external audiences.
● Recognize and respond to regional, local and remote employee’s diversity needs, issues and initiatives.
● Provide support to empower and strengthen our internal communities.
● 5+ years of related work experience
● Strong business acumen with the ability to weave diversity, inclusion, and belonging into company objectives.
● Demonstrated ability of developing a diversity, inclusion and belonging framework that connected to an organization’s mission and business strategy, and valued approaching problems from a perspective of growth and scalability.
● Experience and demonstrated proficiency in the following: data analysis, interpersonal communication, consulting, facilitation, and influencing
● Strong project/program management skills with a proven track record of demonstrated good judgment, innovative thought leadership, and creativity.
● Strong collaborator and influencer - ability to reach beyond immediate scope to influence and lead change initiatives
● Highly effective communicator and strategic thinker with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas, unique concepts, and proposals to enroll team, peers, and management. Excellent writing and presentation skills.
● A genuine belief in people and natural mentoring abilities with diverse individuals, ideas, and teams.
● An ability to model vulnerability, own up to your limitations and mistakes and view feedback as a critical tool for learning and growth.
● A utility player and teammate; willing to help out wherever needed.
● Strategic mindset with a bias towards action and creative problem solving.
● Possess a mix of intellectual curiosity, creative thinking and pragmatism.
● Ability to identify issues and root cause; willingness to dive deep into details.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.