University Recruiting Specialist
Remote, United States
Posted 1 month ago
A company is only as good as its people, and as a recruiter you understand the impact that you can have on our brand, product and those around you. Slack is looking for a recruiter to join our small but mighty University Recruiting & Programs team. This team is responsible for devising and executing the company’s entry-level recruiting strategy and enablement programs. You will help implement creative recruiting strategies and inclusive programming for the next generation of Slack talent. You have a passion for student development, working cross-functionally with internal partners and implementing data driven solutions.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Run full-cycle recruitment process for both interns and new grads, ensuring a seamless and positive candidate experience
- Plan and execute virtual / in-person recruiting events and continue to identify creative opportunities to drive our campus & diversity recruiting efforts
- Implement thoughtful programming and trainings for our interns, new grads and internal program partners
- Create, recommend and execute sourcing strategies to effectively build long-term student pipelines
- Manage recruiting processes and relationships with our partner organizations (i.e. Code2040, Rewriting the Code, Out4Undergrad, etc.)
- Partner with the Diversity, Engagement and Belonging team to ensure Slack’s University Recruiting efforts are focused on inclusive hiring practices and programming that supports students from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (People Operations, IT, hiring managers, etc.) to ensure smooth onboarding and offboarding processes for interns
- Take a data driven approach to identify areas of improvement within our recruiting processes and entry-level talent programs
- Serve as a talent advisor by partnering closely with hiring managers / teams to understand their talent needs and how to evaluate junior level talent
- Ensure a high level of data integrity with our ATS, team trackers and other People systems
What you should have
- 2-3 years of recruiting experience, university / campus experience preferred but not required
- Familiarity with building and engaging with diverse student pipelines
- Passionate about the candidate experience and building inclusive programs
- Willing to potentially travel (when safe to do so), predominantly domestic
- Ability to prioritize, flex, and work in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and comfortable using data to drive decision making
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.