Adventure Cycling Community Manager - Spain
Remote - Girona, Catalonia, Spain
komootWe love tech, we love nature, we make it easy for people to discover the best outdoor places. With just one tap.
Posted 2 months ago
Are you an active part of the adventure cycling community and love interacting with people in real life and online? Do you know the best events, ambassadors and influencers to work with, and can convince them to share their stories on komoot, the biggest outdoor adventure platform in Europe? Can’t wait to work with our ambassadors such as Buff-Scott MTB Team, Anna Barrero and Ibai Fredejas? Then this might be the job you’re looking for.
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with the easy route planner. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all. And we’re good at it! Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times - and with 16+ million users and 100,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on the way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
The komoot community is growing. And it’s growing fast. Our Community team works with some of the most interesting adventurers, events, and local partners, to put komoot firmly at the heart of the coolest things happening in cycling and hiking communities across Europe. Join a team of 10 other cycling and hiking nuts who care about their sport and community as much as you do.
We are on the lookout for an outstanding community manager for adventure cycling in Spain to join Mathias and Andrea – our Community Managers for France and Italy – on their mission to gain credibility and awareness for komoot in their regions.
Join us and take responsibility for growing our community of cyclists and mountain bikers online and on the roads and trails of Spain.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Build a strong outdoor community of like-minded adventure cyclists, runners and hikers.
- Attend events and plan ride outs and meetups to grow our community.
- Support our influencer campaigns, approach potential influencers, convince them to become komoot users and turn them into brand ambassadors.
- Support our PR team in planning media campaigns and event schedules.
- Uncover the most exciting people and their adventures for use in our marketing materials from social posts to emails.
- Team up with our support team to assist users when they run into technical problems.
Why you’ll love it
- You’ll work with a community of enthusiastic adventure cyclists, runners and hikers every day.
- Enjoy the freedom to work wherever in the Spain region you want, be it from your home, on the beach or in the mountains.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers.
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want and work with modern tools that you'll love.
- You’ll join us for team gatherings (when safe) in locations like Morocco, Mallorca or the Bavarian Alps several times a year.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 2+ years of experience as a community manager.
- Are located in Spain and are connected in the cycling and outdoor community.
- Are outgoing and enjoy interacting with people.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Are digitally savvy and know how to leverage digital tools.
- Are self-motivated and extremely organized with a high attention to detail.
- Are naturally curious, eager to learn and love to work in an open-minded and diverse team.
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- A CV (in English) highlighting your relevant experience.
- A little note on why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work: Tell us a bit about community management projects you’ve worked on in the past.
- Share your Twitter, Instagram, blog or your website with us so we can get a feel for your interests.
- A link to your komoot profile showing your favorite outdoor spot.
At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.