Discipline Network Leader - Mould Repair Shop
Perrysburg, OH, United States
O-IO-I crafts the iconic as the world’s leading glass bottle manufacturer
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world. O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
With 25,000 + employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning 72 plants in 20 countries, O-I is a truly global maker of glass packaging. From engineering and manufacturing to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations and fuel consumers’ desire for glass.
About the role:
The Regional Mould Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of significant improvements in manufacturing capabilities as well as significant improvements in performance across the region, while ensuring the standardization of best practice processes. Also, to maintain strong relationships globally, and will work directly with Plant Managers, Production Manager, Mould Shop Personnel, Mould Design, Forming, Production Planning and Job Change Leaders across the region.
- Establish close working relationships with manufacturing personnel to ensure safety, process and organization requirements are met by providing technical training and technical assistance to build factory capability as needed.
- Develop techniques to assist plants in improving mould shop repair, management and organizational performance.
- Identify and direct continuous improvement efforts to improve operational excellence surrounding mould ordering, job change organization, mould repair techniques, electronic mould management and physical mould storage.
- Lead regional plant network leaders in successful execution of Manufacturing Fundamentals non-negotiables and baseline requirements. Assist in the self-assessment and review processes.
- Participate in monthly and annual regional and global network meetings related to the Mould discipline.
- Assist regional manufacturing facilities in the development mould management targets and drive teams to perform to those levels through focused reporting and accountability.
- You have Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the required technical area (e.g. Mould Shop Manager). A detailed knowledge of applicable processes and associated equipment is essential.
- Experience managing and leading others to change and improve technical processes.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Glass plant experience
- LSS – Kaizen, Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Strong fundamental computer skills including use of e-mail, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What we offer:
If you are you looking for a new challenge, one that is different to the other opportunities in the glass packaging industry then we could be the place for you. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative team, that is able to act fast, test new ideas and is not afraid to fail. We operate in fully-flexible environment, trusting our team to deliver by creating a culture of trust, recognition and support.
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you. Please apply now or for a confidential conversation please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs