Perrysburg, OH, United States
O-IO-I crafts the iconic as the world’s leading glass bottle manufacturer
About O-I MAGMA
At MAGMA, we are reimagining the glassmaking process, we are not afraid to push boundaries as we transform an industry that has manufactured glass in nearly the same way for over 100 years. We threw away the play book and went about designing and implementing new technology, innovating processes and bringing new benefits to our customers. This is just the beginning as we expand our offering and implement future technologies across our operations.
We are part of O-I, who with 25,000 + employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning 70 plants in 20 countries, provides us with the opportunity to make an impact on a global scale.
About the Role:
The Process Analyst is responsible and accountable for modeling relationships between all aspects of the production process ranging from raw materials to bottle forming. The incumbent will provide support to the process team’s goals of understanding the relationship between process, equipment, and glass quality and share knowledge with other functional groups to drive continuous improvement of uptime and efficiency.
You will be responsible for developing insight on the process and effectively leveraging this insight to make targeted recommendations to functional groups, driving continuous improvement within the process-equipment-glass quality triangle. Also, will simultaneously work on multiple projects of varying durations to support production and future developments.
- Model relationships between raw materials, melting, fining, and forming processes and their inputs and outputs.
- Develop a holistic understanding of the process to provide insight to production leaders on recommended actions as input/output variables shift due to planned and unplanned events.
- Document learnings in reports and procedures utilized by multiple functional groups such as design engineering and glass science.
- Provide specialized instruction on processes to team members.
- Exercise change management techniques to drive implementation of recommendations.
- Establish operational parameters required to produce quality glass such as raw material specifications and melting temperatures.
- Collaborate with multiple functional groups to implement changes to equipment necessitated by required operational parameters.
- Support operations engineers with complex technical analysis, performing remote and/or field technical assistance activities, providing technical reports and/or trip reports as needed within melter operations.
- Supports operation processes related to new equipment installations, major repairs and/or upgrades to licensee plants. Supports onsite activities as required, attending project meetings, reporting on project status and issues, maintaining communication with Replication/Commissioning team to effectively execute project tasks.
- Execute process improvement projects focusing on topics including energy reduction, equipment longevity, and long-term stability.
- You have 5 years on-site manufacturing or production experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Ceramic Engineering or Materials Science or equivalent operations experience.
- 5+ years of Furnace Operator (or equivalent) experience
- Experience in Project Management & collaboration
- Strong decision-making and judgement skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Desire and ability to team-build and successfully collaborate
- Good experience working with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Travel 25% both domestic and international
- Currently, there are three geographical locations this role will be responsible for providing support to, requiring both remote support and/or onsite support depending on project needs: Perrysburg - Ohio, Bowling Green - Kentucky and Holzminden - Germany.
What we offer:
If you are you looking for a new challenge, one that is different to the other opportunities in the glass packaging industry then we could be the place for you. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative team, that is able to act fast, test new ideas and is not afraid to fail. We operate in fully-flexible environment, trusting our team to deliver by creating a culture of trust, recognition and support.
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you. Please apply now or for a confidential conversation please email email@example.com .
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer- Data Warehouse & ETL (Public Sector, USA)Agile AWS Azure BigQuery Clearance Cloud Computer Science +13
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Startup environment +1
Faire Wholesale, Inc.
Product Strategy & Analytics Senior AssociateA/B testing Analytics Coaching Cross-functional Data-driven Data Science E-commerce +5
Career development Equity Flex hours Startup environment Team events
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs