Technical Accounting Specialist (Hybrid)
Lancaster, PA, United States
EurofinsWorld leader in food, environment, pharma product testing & agroscience CRO services; 61,000 staff across a network of more than 1,000 independent companies (940 laboratories) in 59 countries, offering over 200,000 analytical methods.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Accounting Specialist is responsible for the following activities:
- Annual financial statements and disclosures:
- Assist with drafting the annual financial statements and disclosures for each of the US legal entities
- Perform and document financial statement tie-out for review by external auditors
- Prepare disclosure checklists to ensure completeness of the financial statements
- Assist with developing and documenting internal controls over the annual financial statement process
- Accounting standard pronouncements:
- Assist in reviewing new accounting standards pronouncements and assessing the potential impact of the changes on the business
- Internal audit:
- Perform interim balance sheet reviews for selected US legal entities.
- Ensure compliance with company policies & procedures, reporting standards, local laws & regulations
- Identify and measure risks, evaluate existing controls and make recommendations
- Document current business processes, such as the revenue process, and implement best practices for controls, and agreed upon improvement plan
- Research and document technical accounting topics as encountered.
- Assess financial impact of difference between US GAAP and IFRS.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of new/revised Parent Company financial reporting regulations
- Assist with the transition of acquired companies to ensure compliance with US GAAP, IAS and Group accounting policies.
- Limited travel anticipated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree with an accounting concentration and at least 2 years of experience
- Preferred experience as Big 4 external auditor with CPA designation
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
- Understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and technical aspects of US GAAP financial statement preparation.
- Ability to communicate complex accounting issues in clear terms to non-financial personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently research accounting guidance
- Very accurate, highly reliable and eye for detail
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner in a fast changing organization
- Pragmatic, proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Developed written and oral communication skills
- Team player enjoying working in a small team
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in designated areas
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent understanding of financial matters, thrifty and cost minded
Additional Information: Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Other jobs like this
Technical Success ManagerAccount management AngularJS APIs Cloud CRM Customer service GitHub +8
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +2
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs