Technical Program Manager - Messaging
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a skilled Technical Program Manager to join the Messaging BU, who can facilitate our teams to reach our results-oriented product delivery and infrastructure scale goals. Acting as the hub in a world of spokes, with an operational approach, you will lead teams’ collaboration and deftly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, make use of metrics to improve delivery, track and report progress, and leverage best practices to ensure predictable and timely delivery of our projects. You will be partnering and collaborating with product managers, engineering counterparts, and stakeholders across BU’s, to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Messaging Products.
Twilio is looking for a TPM who lives the Twilio Magic and has a consistent record of leading technical projects or operations. They also have:
- 3-5 years experience in a technical program management, project management or operational role.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or similar degree or relevant work experience.
- Structure and lead sophisticated cross-functional programs for product and cross-company initiatives. Must be able to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion,
- Drive towards continuous improvement through analyzing data and inspect & adapt practices to work with agile teams to improve project delivery.
- Support the transparency and communication of the health and progress of an overall program that you are coordinating. Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly accountable with a demonstrated ability to think strategically.
As a Technical Program Manager you will live the Twilio Magic values:
Be an owner: Lead Steering Committee meetings with key stakeholders for each project to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues. Develop and execute feature planning and prioritization.
Write it down: Document and instill good practices throughout the organization.
Draw the owl: Help be an agent of change as we strengthen our Program Management across the organization
Don’t Settle: Open to learning from others, humble, willing to experiment and try new ways of working.
Ruthlessly prioritize: Be organized — skilled and blocking and tackling, running things to ground, protecting the teams while making sure they’re responsive to the needs of the business. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure in a timely manner.
TPMs have an opportunity to deliver top priority programs for Twilio’s Messaging Business Unit and directly impact improvements in efficiency, transparency, and predictability. You will partner with some of the best and brightest individuals to continuously improve the quality of our products.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$99,840 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
$87,360 - $120,120
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks