Director, Talent Strategy
Who We Are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
The Director, Talent Strategy is a business-focused, strategic partner to senior leadership and their teams at Unite Us. They are responsible for individual and collective talent success across all levels. This person drives all initiatives that support team member engagement and advances a culture of growth, innovation, equity, and transparency. The Director, Talent Strategy must excel at authentic relationship development with key leaders and partners, thrive in an environment of fast-paced change, and consistently deliver talent solutions that positively impact both the business and the individual. They must think expansively, be creative, and use data to guide work. The Director, Talent Strategy will also lead and develop the Talent Strategy team.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for developing and implementing talent vision and strategy across team portfolio to advance talent achievement, business success, and culture
- Identify and effectively communicate the talent implications in business plans, and align business and talent strategies to proactively support the organization’s strategy, goals, mission, and values.
- Be a trusted advisor to department heads and senior leadership team; advising and supporting them with HR expertise, guidance, customized solutions, crisp decision-making and information.
- Play a significant role in change leadership by collaborating with and guiding the senior leadership team in alignment on values and priorities, and in leading initiatives that will create new ways of working -- while preserving and reinforcing Unite Us culture
- Facilitate cross organizational connections and boundary-less collaboration across teams
- Responsible for developing, delivering, and promoting best practices in organizational development, talent management, career development, performance management, high performer retention and team member relations
- Lead and Inspire the talent team members and give functional direction ensuring a harmonized approach to all relevant People Ops processes
- Define organizational structure, set objectives and manage workloads and results to achieve goals while adopting best practices and achieving continuous process improvement.
- Accountable to ensure the talent team take responsibility and execute all core people processes including: annual comp cycles, promotions/salary adjustments, succession planning, top talent identification, performance management, etc. are implemented with excellence, equity, and consistency
- Communicate a philosophy and ensure consistent practices for managing team members relations.
- Provide effective leadership over team member policies and procedures, performance management program, and discipline process.
- Manage and resolve complex team member relations issues
- Advise and partner with senior business leaders in the assessment and development of current talent, succession planning, and the strategic forecasting of future talent needs
- Collaborate with senior business leaders to identify critical positions and core competencies. Partner with the Learning & Development team to design and implement programs and processes to develop needed skills, knowledge, and experience
- Collaborate with L&D and Recruiting teams to develop and implement regular, meaningful reporting and analysis, enabling us to track progress and trends in order to communicate and aid in business decision making on people and organization
- Ensure smooth processes for recruitment and internal transfer activities in close cooperation with Director, Recruiting
- Responsible for company-wide projects or initiatives. May serve as project lead working with other People Ops partners and key leaders to develop, implement, and make improvements to People Ops related processes and key initiatives
- At least 8-10 years of HR experience including the handling of complex employee relations situations, partnering directly with senior leadership on org design and change management, and proven experience in org-wide HR process/initiative development and implementation
- A trusted advisor, partner, and a strategic thinker. A collaborative leader, with the ability to maneuver from big picture strategic thinking to the tactical implementation of talent needs
- An influencer who inspires credibility. Able to cultivate support and inspire enthusiasm for vision and strategy. Has the energy, motivation, and change management skills to influence in an environment that is changing, but with many legacy values and systems
- A champion of People Ops and a creator of great team member experiences
- An excellent communicator, able to negotiate, persuade, and influence others in both written and verbal communication; able to explain complicated concepts simply and clearly; and can deliver a delicate or difficult message effectively, appropriately, and with sensitivity
- Approachable, open, and visible. A relationship builder, who creates positive energy. Self-aware, a learner, and a good listener. Shows high emotional intelligence
- A creative problem solver: demonstrates intuitive judgment. Takes risks, tries things. Nimble, flexible, and open minded. Adept at implementing innovative programs that result in high levels of team member engagement
- Experience leading and managing large-scale change initiatives. A change leader who has thoughtfully designed and implemented change and communications strategies and tools to enable business or functional transformation
- Demonstrated consulting skills and ability to provide coaching, feedback, and guidance to leaders at all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of how People Ops objectives link back to overall business objectives
- Demonstrated record of accomplishments in leading People Ops initiatives, driving human capital results and project management
- Can effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is remote, U.S. based, excluding Colorado
- This position requires 20% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.