Engineering Systems / Analyst
Perrysburg, OH, United States
O-IO-I crafts the iconic as the world’s leading glass bottle manufacturer
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
With nearly 25,000 employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning almost 72 plants in 20 countries, O-I is a truly global maker of glass packaging.
From engineering and manufacturing to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations and fuel consumers’ desire for glass.
The Sr. Engineering Systems Analyst / Developer will be responsible for working as part of a team supporting the architecture, planning, development and deployment of PLM applications in a global fast paced multidisciplinary environment. Specifically this role will interact with the Global Technology group, project managers and IT resources to define & translate requirements into detailed design documents that will then be used to configure and support the appropriate applications / systems.
The position will be Intermediate to Senior depending on the successful candidate's experience level.
· Collaborate with business partners, IT management, and global process teams to develop and validate business requirements for new functionality or enhancements
· Analyze and review business, functional, and high level technical requirements to ensure alignment
· Develop / configure solutions or work with others to develop / configure solutions to meet business / technical requirements
· Create enhancement design documentation and implements complex changes
· Coordinates IT activities across the Technology organization in support of the applications
· Work with the team leadership, architects, and other team members to define / track metrics and performance goals for the application
· Working with the users translate requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, and user acceptance testing
· Identify support issues and initiate action to resolve the problem. Provides technical assistance.
· Attain a comprehensive understanding of business functions and related technologies used in support such as Windchill, GAIS, CREO, AutoCAD, Smart Assembly and others solutions as needed
· Drive consistency across platforms by ensuring that the business rules are consistently applied
· Recommend inventive and creative solutions to solve business problems
· Maintain production system reliability through utilization of change management process
· Develop competence by performing structured work assignments
· Drive integration and standardization of processes where needed
· Handle multiple project assignments simultaneously
· Effectively communicate project and support work related status at all levels, including global knowledge sharing with peers and across IT
· Assist in the tracking, researching, and prioritization of all tickets and issues working with the Team Lead.
· Provide root cause analysis and documentation services when required
· Provide on-call production support, when necessary, or in a planned rotation schedule. May include working nights and/or weekends at times
· Contribute to project estimating efforts - providing input/clarity on business requirements and options to implement those requirements
SCOPE AND IMPACT
The Engineering Systems Analyst / Developer is a key team member that helps ensure that functional business requirements are met and incorporated into system design while supporting / maintaining critical global engineering solutions.
This position reports to the Mgr Service Delivery-Eng R&D EHS Information Technology (IT). This position does not have any direct reports.
Minimal travel will be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 10 years experience in Information Technology, Engineering or relevant business experience.
· Minimum 7 years experience in CAD / CAE / PLM, build, test and implementation with complimentary experience completing full cycle PLM system implementations, or upgrades (Windchill PLM experience a plus)
· Proven track record of working on high performance teams
· Strong decision making and problem solving skills
· Ability to analyze and design business processes (includes design documents, functional specs, and process modeling)
· Ability to develop product requirements based on input gathered from a variety of sources including analysis of results and feedback from the user community
· Ability to develop test conditions and expected results based on the application requirements
· Understanding and ability to configure solutions in a variety of IT solutions to meet the business requirements (Windchill, Navigate, ThingWorX, CREO, AutoCAD…)
· Ability to review project deliverables for completeness and quality, and compliance with established project standards
· Ability to document and communicate progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
· Ability to identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks, escalating them as needed
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer- Data Warehouse & ETL (Public Sector, USA)Agile AWS Azure BigQuery Clearance Cloud Computer Science +13
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Startup environment +1
Faire Wholesale, Inc.
Product Strategy & Analytics Senior AssociateA/B testing Analytics Coaching Cross-functional Data-driven Data Science E-commerce +5
Career development Equity Flex hours Startup environment Team events
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs