Sr. Manager, Customer Events and Advisory Boards
The Senior Manager of Customer Events and Advisory Boards is responsible for the continued success and growth of customer engagement by giving them opportunities to meet with Tanium executives and fellow industry peers through world class executive events and advisory programs.
The Senior Manager is responsible for the strategic development, execution, and oversight of Tanium’s Customer Advisory Boards, the Executive Briefing Center, Tanium User Groups, as well as executive meetings at major industry events and our annual summit at Converge. They will oversee the management and execution of all aspects including communications, planning, budgeting, team and vendor management, analysis, and reporting.
This is a dynamic opportunity for a seasoned and highly creative marketing professional with proven success in creating, driving, and executing customer events. He/she will report to the Director of Global Events and Advisory Programs and will work closely with other marketing, sales, and product leadership teams, as well as other stakeholders/contributors to strategically bring to better amplify and support Tanium’s customer initiatives while aligning to and driving business results.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for customer satisfaction who loves being a part of a winning team and requires strong strategic, communication and leadership skills to execute at a high-level. This person is also able to solve business needs through creative event planning, and is successful managing multiple and evolving priorities – all to meet the needs of and delight attendees.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with leaders across Marketing leadership, Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and other groups to create agendas and content for advisory board meetings and executive programs.
- Drive the entire event strategy and execution for the Customer Advisory Board, Vertical Advisory Boards, annual Executive Summit and the Executive Briefing Program.
- Set strategy to achieve audience acquisition and other event goals with concise, effective communication programs through all appropriate channels (including internal communications).
- Track, measure, and analyze effectiveness of events to meet targets for sales segments, product lines, and corporate initiative goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of forecasting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Manage multiple, complex timetables successfully in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
- Effectively lead staff, creating a positive and inspirational workplace; ensure individuals are enabled to succeed and develop professionally according to role and capabilities.
- Assign program elements to team members and track progress accordingly.
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
- 7-10 years of proven experience in communications, marketing, customer programs, or related field
- Understanding of various marketing and sales touch points as well as customer lifecycle
- Strong writer and content creator (presentations, creative briefs, invites, etc.)
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solve
- Experience with managing individual contributors is preferred
- Stakeholder management experience with executives
- Knowledge of event planning and functions
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments, operate in a team environment and strive for higher standards
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs