Technical Program Manager, Data Platform
“The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 450 million users together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. That community of users generates almost 50B analytics events per day, each of which is ingested by the Data Platform team into a data warehouse that sees 15,000 daily queries.
We are looking for a Technical Program manager for our Data Platform team to help formulate, socialize, and communicate on Reddit’s strategy for Data Platform. You will enable Data Platform teams to push our products to the next level and dictate how data is accessed and consumed across the company. You will be a key individual in setting the data culture for Reddit, nourishing a data-driven culture by providing the right tooling, documentation, and education for all employees.
If you’re looking to positively and directly impact an already awesome company culture, we’d like to hear from you!
Key Focuses and Responsibilities:
- Improve Data Quality and Data Accessibility within Reddit by working closely with the Data Platform team, which includes Data Infrastructure, Data Engineering, Measurement & Instrumentation, Experimentation, and BI Dashboards
- Partner with other TPMs on Data_IRL to drive the OKR process for ensuring alignment of the work the team is doing to the core success metrics
- Lead efforts to ensure accurate and complete coverage of event data, by working cross functionally with Product teams across Reddit and managing the workflow of 3 Data Quality engineers, focused on improving client-side events
- Drive adoption and development of consistent high quality internal Data platform products, with a strong focus on internal user needs and feedback
- Ensure cross-functional alignment between data platform team and stakeholders, being the communication hub for project dependencies, risks, and timelines
- Drive adoption of data cataloging tooling making data more accessible to end users
- Collaborate with users of experimentation platform helping to facilitate best practices around experimentation. Pushing for more rigorous experimentation and understanding around why metrics move
What We Can Expect From You:
- 5+ years of collective experience in engineering and program management
- Strong communication and program management skills
- Experience working with data engineering teams
- Proactive and curious by nature. You are creative and enjoy collaborating across all levels of the organization to solve problems
- Preferred experience and comfort with data streaming, monitoring, and aggregation technologies (e.g. BigQuery, AWS, Kubernetes, Airflow, etc...)
- Experience driving adoption of internal tools
- Ability to navigate confidential information with professional maturity