Manager, Software Engineering
Remote - Hiring in North America
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
We build software which assists utilities and infrastructure operators work safely and efficiently. These software solutions combine user-friendly interfaces with large amounts of external data and machine learning models to drive the best possible decisions, while maintaining high security and data privacy standards.
Our Application Team partners closely with product managers, user interface designers, and our other engineering teams to develop performant, easy to use full stack web applications which drive the workflows and decisions of our customers.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Our Tech Stack
- Python & Django
- React, TypeScript, Ionic
- PostgreSQL, Redis & RabbitMQ
- Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Terraform
What You'll Do
- Work hands-on with your team to build the best possible software
- Provide technical guidance to the team to help build a modern, performant, and easy to maintain application
- Coach and manage a small team of cross-functional engineers
- Track and report on OKRs related to software development.
- Partner with engineering and product leaders to deeply understand our systems and users
- Work closely with other software engineering leaders to improve recruiting efforts, onboarding, and other engineering wide initiatives
Who You Are
- People management experience, including hiring, coaching, and performance management
- Extensive collaboration skills, enabling you to work closely with product, stakeholders, and other engineers to lead development of the best solutions to the largest problems.
- Enthusiastic about supporting and mentoring engineers to not only help them complete their work, but level up their skills along the way.
- Comfort in the face of ambiguous needs and requirements, and the ability to extract clarity
- Able to effectively communicate ideas and concepts within your team, across teams, and throughout the organization, even with non-technical audiences, in both written and verbal forms.
- Mission-Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks; we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- 100% Distributed - work from anywhere
- Distributed work monthly stipend
- Competitive compensation package
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid
- Health Perks - Wellness reimbursement
- Educational Allowance - up to $1000 /yr
- Weekly lunch stipend
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.