Manager, Partner (Developer) Support
Manager, Partner (Developer) Support
We're looking for a Partner Support Manager to join the Customer Support team at Zapier, to help build and lead a brand new team focused on delivering Partner Support to developers on the Zapier platform. Zapier is on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. As a Manager in Support Engineering, you’ll serve a team of 6-8 Senior Customer Champions who provide world-class advanced technical support to our partner developers. You’ll also work closely with our Engineering and Product teams to ensure world class customer and team experiences.
If you’re interested in continuing your career at a fast-growing and profitable startup, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’re a skilled people leader. We’re looking for at least 3 years of experience in leading advanced technical support teams. You’ll have the chance to provide coaching, feedback, and guidance to your team in order to help them develop in their roles and their careers!
You like doing support. You have advanced technical skills and can lead by example by jumping in the support queue and helping out our customers and developers. You have proven experience helping customers solve difficult technical issues, and helping others do it as well.
You’re an expert at navigating developer support. This role requires fluency and understanding of the developer space as we take on the front line handling of partner inquiries.
You’re an excellent written communicator. We’re also a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier.
You obsess over the details. Maybe you have a one emoticon and one exclamation point rule of thumb for every email. Maybe it's only two sentences per paragraph. Either way, you make sure each word and each punctuation mark makes the customer delighted to work with you. You also will need to impart your knowledge onto others through 1:1 and group coaching sessions.
You’re good with data. You’ll be responsible for making sure that your team knows how they are performing, and diagnosing issues before they become bigger. You’ll have a wealth of information at your fingertips and should be comfortable using it.
You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
You love to set your own course. At Zapier, we have quick team meetings each week and then we go make things happen. You get to make things happen without someone saying so.
Things You’ll Do
- Help meet and exceed our Support goals to make Zapier Support the Best Support
- Build relationships with members of your Support team and work hard to help them level up their skills
- Collaborate with other Support leads and managers to prioritize project work and set direction for the Partner Support team
- Interact with our Engineering, Product and Design (EPD) teams to ensure prioritization of issues and open communication about product plans and bug fixes in the partner space
- Help partner developers via email to ensure they have the best experience possible, troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process, using continuous feedback, regular 1:1s, 360s and performance reviews
This is a role managing Customer Champions operating at a technical level that would be described as “Support Engineering” at many companies. Knowledge of systems and programming are essential to understanding the work and advising the team.
- 3+ years of experience in leading advanced technical support teams
- Experience troubleshooting deep technical issues in the SaaS space
- Understanding of various APIs, how to use and troubleshoot them
- Experience with bug reporting and bug advocacy
- Experience providing or leading developer or partner support
- Familiarity with the product development lifecycle
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, UK, and Canada-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.