Technology Operations Analyst (Data)
Remote, US Based
Job Title: Technology Operations Analyst (Data)
Who we are:
Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect service providers on a common platform, enabling scalable, accountable, and measurable delivery of wraparound care. Our technology provides a collaborative infrastructure for these communities. We care deeply about the work we do, and the communities our software benefits. We’re looking for people to join our team who share that passion for our mission to reinvent Health & Human Services and aspire to make a lasting difference for future generations. No matter how large our team grows, we will always be family. Unite Us prides itself on offering a competitive salary, full benefits, and the opportunity to change the world. Come to Unite Us and together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
About the Role:
The Technology Operation Analyst (Data) is responsible for the ultimate success of the Unite Us data products with our customers and end-users by collaborating with Engineering, Product, Customer Success, and Quality. We are looking for individuals with strong communication skills and an interest in the health & human services space. This role is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a knack for working with people, explaining complex tasks in easy-to-understand terms, who can learn new technology quickly, and who wants to play a role in improving the health of communities across the country!
What You’ll Do:
- Closely monitor incoming data support tickets to respond to customer project and IT team queries, to comply with Unite Us service level agreements
- Proactively monitor the data feeds and align with the SLA schedules mutually agreed upon with the clients and escalate and handle exceptions
- Triage and resolve technical issues related to the data feeds, self-service reports, and other data integration with client/vendor systems
- Utilize product and technology knowledge to work hands-on with analysis of issues, and route to appropriate internal teams for resolution if needed.
- Follow up with appropriate teams internally to ensure customer project and IT teams are kept apprised of updates with the ticket status
- Maintain internal knowledgebase and external documentation, including FAQs, and help articles
- Work with the Customer Success team to identify user needs and feature requests and relay product optimization information to the engineering team.
- Experience as a data steward in a technical support role handling complex issues related to data feeds, data reports, and related data integration topics.
- Experience with various data formats supporting healthcare and social care to analyze format, data content, and business rules.
- Experience with concepts of data analysis and development, data profiling, data quality plans, ETL processing logic development, and EDW design
- Experience in working with external vendors (payer, EMR vendors, IT systems) to coordinate and resolve data processing issues.
- Experience in working with data quality analysts and data engineers to ensure data processing is implemented accurately and meets operational SLAs
- Understand the business processes and how it impacts data operations to consistently meet customer’s business goals.
- Excellent communication skills: you are an expert at breaking down complicated topics and explaining them in simple terms people can understand.
- A strong curiosity and the ability to learn quickly and a focus on solution-seeking in the face of a challenge; you know how to organize and prioritize your workload
- The ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment while working remotely; you are highly adaptable
- Ability to tell the data story that connects to the business outcomes
Education and Experience:
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Previous experience supporting Data products required. Experience with AWS tools, Datastores such as PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift is a plus.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is remote (US Based) or in NYC.
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.