San Francisco / Las Vegas / Remote
Posted 3 months ago
About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With nearly 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
About this role
Having a user-facing technical resource is invaluable to our schools and districts. As a Success Engineer, you will work with new and existing customers in a highly technical way to ensure they are integrated efficiently and are able to take advantage of all the various resources we provide both during onboarding and beyond. Some of the most complicated portions of our product live within onboarding new customers—rostering and account provisioning, automated message setup and sending, data syncing and api access. You will be the primary technical resource for triaging these issues and supporting customers through the process. Your day might consist of sitting in on customer calls to provide technical insight, diagnosing data issues in SFTP syncs, or honing tools to allow your non-technical CS counterparts to triage data issues on their own.
The Customer Success team at Remind is responsible for the thousands of schools that are on paid Remind plans. We help them roll out our product successfully and safely to whole communities, and ensure they get the full value out of their integration. Everyone on the CS team maintains a single-minded focus to ensure customers are incredibly satisfied with Remind. You will also interface closely with the Remind Engineering team. You will provide valuable feedback to feature development and help ship fixes, internal tools and even new capabilities alongside them.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- 2+ years of experience in an Escalations and/or Success Engineering team
- Competent in at least one scripting language (python, ruby, etc)
- Experience working with databases and comfortable writing SQL transformations
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Proactive and a self-starter, with a strong attention to detail
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence
- Ideally located in SF Bay Area or Las Vegas, but open to remote for outstanding candidates
What you'll do:
- Conduct one-on-one sessions with customer technical teams to identify and overcome potential hurdles in onboarding
- Become a Remind expert and handle top-level technical customer escalations
- Provide engineering assistance for many aspects of interactions with Remind’s platform and API
- Debug integration issues; write and run scripts to unblock customer rollouts
- Diagnose broader rostering issues and make technical improvements to the process to conform with SLAs
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to translate onboarding and other technical requirements into features and internal tools
- Report directly to the VP of Customer Success
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.