Senior/Principal Software Engineer (Remote)
Massachusetts - Boston
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Do you want to work in a fast-paced startup environment with the stability of a successful, profitable company? Join us in building and shaping our CDMS engineering team. CDMS (Clinical Data Management Systems) is geared toward bringing life-saving drugs to market quicker by revolutionizing the way clinical trial processes are run. We are looking for a self-starter who loves technical challenges, who has prior experience working on a variety of engineering projects in an energizing environment, and who has a strong desire to see our customers succeed.
This is a remote position that will work with team members in multiple Veeva locations.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build highly scalable features on a robust enterprise platform
- Build new infrastructure from scratch following the best practices in cloud software development
- Collaborate with product managers and QA to deliver cutting-edge solutions and deliver value to our customers
- Work on multiple layers of our platform including backend and front-end tech
- Mentor junior engineers
- 8+ Years of commercial software development in Java
- Deep expertise in Object-Oriented design and implementation
- Current hands-on development experience on Open Source Java Stack like (Java 9, Spring/Springboot, MySQL, Solr, Docker, Terraform, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver highly complex projects
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Experience working with remote teams
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with UI frameworks like React/Backbone
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.