Manager, Sales Engineering
United States (Remote)
This role can be remote based. We prefer someone in the eastern US or in the midwestern US.
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization.
As one of the leaders of our Sales Engineering team you’ll directly impact and be responsible for parts of the successful execution of Pantheon’s go to market strategy over the next several years. This is an ideal position for someone who has validated leadership skills and related industry and technical expertise to advance their career in a highly regarded leadership role. The Presales team sits at the nexus of our sales, product and marketing organizations, driving the critical strategic and tactical conversations that help our prospects to ultimately become delighted customers. We traffic mission-critical information across the organization in a way that streamlines the sales process, improves our products, and helps shape companywide strategic initiatives. Partnering with the sales organization, you will help demonstrate the value of our cutting-edge WebOps platform so that prospects and customers can clearly see themselves successfully achieving their goals with Pantheon.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Provide management oversight to a team of Sales Engineers and act as a coach, mentor, and educator to the engineers on your team.
- Implement processes and data collection that improves our whole team and helps us scale across more opportunities.
- Ensure team processes and activities are in alignment with corporate messaging
- Select, develop, and evaluate employees to ensure the team’s strategic goals are met.
- Work across the organization, collaborating with product, product marketing, sales enablement, and professional services teams to ensure the best customer experience possible.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with sales leadership teams.
- Demonstrate Pantheon value and technical capabilities to qualify and close customers.
- Collaborate across all departments to advance the dynamics of our go-to-market strategy.
- Consult with the product organization to ensure product value aligns with customer need trends. Provide customer feedback to further evolve our product and services offerings.
- Communicate the differentiated value of our platform, deliver compelling product demos and technical presentations to prospective customers and current clients.
- Partner with our account executives to help provide discovery and insight into our customers’ requirements to map our solutions to best serve their business objectives.
- Work with the sales leadership team to shorten new account executives onboarding ramp, provide insight to the sales team via sales and domain training, and provide direct feedback with respect to customer lifecycle management and sales process.
What You Bring To The Table
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of sales engineering experience and demonstrated ability to understand and be comfortable with technical product offerings
- 2 + years of experience leading people, operations, program management and strategy with a track record of success.
- Deep technical knowledge of web infrastructure
- Drupal or WordPress experience
- Strong consultative sales skills and experience establishing yourself as a customer-facing trusted advisor to your customers
- Growth & solution-based mindset
- Strong, team-oriented work ethic with a willingness to go the extra mile to lead and create impact within the organization
Bonus Points For
- PaaS/SaaS experience
- Experience with marketing technologies around testing, personalization, and messaging (e.g. Optimizely, Marketo, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience with advanced web developer workflows using automation tools, including CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins, GitLab, Automated Testing Tools, Visual Regression Tools, Cypress
- Scalable web architecture experience
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation
- Stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.