Financial Crime Business Banking Operations Manager
Posted 4 months ago
We're looking for an experienced financial crime operations manager to own the challenge of developing our Business Banking financial crime processes & procedures to deliver a frictionless onboarding experience, keep our customers’ money safe and stop criminals from using our platform to commit financial crime.
We launched Monzo Business in March, and already support 70,000 accounts, with ambitious goals to continue growing. The successful applicant will be responsible for owning our operational financial crime processes as we grow and ensure that they remain fit for purpose. They'll champion customer and bank outcomes when making process decisions, and ensure COps (our customer operations staff) are empowered to protect the bank and customers to the highest standard.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in scaling processes at pace, have multiple years experience working in financial crime, and be a brilliant communicator and collaborator. You will be used to working closely with stakeholders in various disciplines and teams (Marketing, Engineering, Financial Crime, Product and Ops).
Please note: This is a UK based role only.
This role will entail:
- Contributing to the successful roll out of new features by educating the product team on operational requirements and options, preparing our team of COps, and providing insights and feedback from customers and the team post launch
- Defining and executing a strategy for how we keep documentation relevant and effective (including communication). Drafting and maintaining content that supports efficient completion of our processes and ideal customer outcomes
- Being the glue which pieces together the different parts of our operation. Working with the financial crime team to ensure that processes are complete and in line with policy, working with the COps experience team to produce engaging training materials, and working with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that work is being completed to the standard expected
- Establishing and operating a clear feedback loop from FinCrime COps to the domain for process issues. Identifying and leading action plans to address problems, working with the financial crime and COps teams.
- Working with our service manager to ensure the right number of COps are hired and trained to meet requirements.
You should apply if:
- You have multiple years experience working on process improvement in financial crime operations (preferably business banking)
- You're a great communicator: you can adjust your messaging for different audiences (Product, Operations, Senior Leaders etc.)
- You're data-orientated and risk focused: you're able to use data to make decisions, and always keep in mind the risks involved in your work and how to mitigate them
- You embody our value of think big, start small: you can plan short, mid and long term solutions to problems
- You can balance conflicting priorities when making decisions: you'll need to consider the needs/capacity of many stakeholders
- Application, 2-3 x interviews with the Hiring Manager & other leaders across the Fincrime, Operations and Business Banking disciplines.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs