Channel Management (Communications) Intern - Spring 2023
Perrysburg, OH, United States
O-IO-I crafts the iconic as the world’s leading glass bottle manufacturer
To be the leading producer of glass bottles and jars worldwide you need passion, commitment and innovation baked into the very fabric of a business and its people. For more than 120 years, our glass makers have honed their craft—channeling their creativity into more than 1,800 patents held today. When you join O-I you become part of that story.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. We are dedicated to make what matters to shape a healthier, more sustainable and more exciting world. We transform the industry to make glass more relevant and more accessible to more people.
Scope & Impact:
In this role, the intern has the opportunity to help drive the day-to-day operations of O-I’s communications channels (digital and non-digital) and for the implementation and growth of O-I’s internal communication tool (O-I CONNECT) globally. This role will help develop and implement O-I’s approach to external communication at the country (group) level as well as help develop and implement guidelines for corporate social media activities. We are seeking an intern who can work during the spring 2023 semester (beginning January 2023).
The position reports to the Director of Corporate Communications.
During the internship, you’ll:
- Support implementation of the O-I CONNECT (internal communication) employee app by developing best practices to share across locations and expand and grow the platform with additional channels and functionalities as appropriate
- Manage existing communications technology and services such as video-editing platforms, asset repositories, etc. Work with internal stakeholders (Purchasing, Finance, IT, etc.) to ensure implementation, and arrange for training, roll-out and updates
- Assist with identifying opportunities for internal and external communications from new technology
- Work with Sales & Marketing on structure and content categories of the O-I website; work with IT on technical issues related to the website
- Support the development and implementation of upgrades to existing communications channels including plant-based channels such as TV screens and noticeboards
The Channel Management (Communications) Intern should have:
- Natural curiosity and eagerness to follow trends and uncover opportunities with communication technologies
- High level of motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; able to interact with all levels of the organization including management
- Flexible and organized work style to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to adapt in fast-changing environment
- Understanding of corporate (external) & internal communications principles and methods
- Previous experience with corporate communication or agency preferred
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college and/or university pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, or an applicable degree.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis (O-I does not sponsor working visas for internships or co-ops).
What we offer at O-I:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Supportive teams to help you grow and learn new skills
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you.
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance. Apply through the “I’m interested” button today!
Not ready to apply but interested in learning more about O-I's student opportunities? Sign up to receive more information from us here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Other jobs like this
Sales Development RepresentativeBig Data CRM HubSpot Machine Learning Point of contact Research
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Equity Flex hours +6
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs