Perrysburg, OH, United States
O-IO-I crafts the iconic as the world’s leading glass bottle manufacturer
About O-I MAGMA
At MAGMA, we are reimagining the glassmaking process, we are not afraid to push boundaries as we transform an industry that has manufactured glass in nearly the same way for over 100 years. We threw away the play book and went about designing and implementing new technology, innovating processes and bringing new benefits to our customers. This is just the beginning as we expand our offering and implement future technologies across our operations.
We are part of O-I, who with 25,000 + employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning 70 plants in 20 countries, provides us with the opportunity to make an impact on a global scale.
About the role:
You will be responsible for:
- Research and Develop new (or improvements to existing) energy recovery processes and applications utilizing mechanical knowledge and experience combined with new technologies and approaches.
- Collaborate across the organization to test as needed to determine viability in a production environment
- Lead mechanical systems aspect of piloting, prototyping, and testing heat recovery equipment for an R&D project.
- Prepare scope of work, test plan, and functional specification documents for design, fabrication and installation of energy recovery equipment and processes
- Direct the work of external partners and integrators by providing technical guidance and oversight
- Ensure complete and accurate drawings and project documentation.
- Review and/or design mechanical distribution systems, process flow diagrams and P&IDs
- Facilitate and perform training and support for operations and engineering staff for new heat recovery equipment.
- Work directly with the operations team to achieve successful production and ensure quality specifications are met throughout the project timeline.
Travel is expected to be domestic and international around 20-40%
Roles and reporting:
This role will have no direct reports, but will be expected to work closely with the following:
o Technical Employees within the Magma and OI Global Technical and Engineering teams including engineers and scientists from varying disciplines.
- Vendors, Contractors and other Strategic Partners – Internal and External
o Technical Employees within the Squad; engineers and scientists of varying disciplines.
- Vendors – Specific resources or a complete agreement with the partner.
- Contractors – Specific resources or a complete agreement with the partner.
- Strategic Partners – Specific resources or a complete agreement with the partner
- Occasionally perform physically demanding job tasks
- Work occasionally in a high temperature environment.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out
- Climb stairs and ladders, traverse catwalks and platforms in and around process equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical systems design in industry and/or manufacturing
- Demonstrated knowledge of heat transfer and energy recovery
- Understanding of industry specific standards
- Detail oriented to spot inaccuracies and find solutions
- CAD (2D and 3D) proficiency using software such as Autodesk products, Creo or Solidworks
- Strong decision making and judgment skills
- Team Orientated Individual– must have excellent people skills
- Strong communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in the design and development of mechanical equipment and heat transfer equipment
What we offer:
If you are you looking for a new challenge, one that is different to the other opportunities in the glass packaging industry then we could be the place for you. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative team, that is able to act fast, test new ideas and is not afraid to fail. We operate in fully-flexible environment, trusting our team to deliver by creating a culture of trust, recognition and support.
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you. Please apply now or for a confidential conversation please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer- Data Warehouse & ETL (Public Sector, USA)Agile AWS Azure BigQuery Clearance Cloud Computer Science +13
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Startup environment +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs