Senior System Administrator
Remote - New Jersey, United States
Risk Strategies is seeking a multi-disciplined Senior System Administrator with Storage/Backup/Network Administration abilities, excellent Windows/VMWare/Azure systems administration skills and strong background in overall Data Center and cloud fundamentals, installations, support & troubleshooting.
This Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for installing and configuring computing/networking infrastructure, operating systems, and software products based on MS Windows, VMWare, and Cloud platforms, in a 24 X 7 environment supporting and maintaining heterogeneous corporate data center and networking based business processes.
The Senior System Administrator will be expected to implement and maintain operating systems software builds and/or software/hardware product solutions for optimum performance, stability, reliability, security, etc.
As a Senior System Administrator you will:
- Perform all system administration functions for infrastructure systems, Windows Servers, VMware, VCenter, and all related services/utility software products
- Provide high security and patch update analysis and deployment
- Manage the overall health, high availability, maintenance, and documentation of systems for monitoring equipment and environmental conditions for malfunctions, failures and performance degradation; initiate and manage corrective actions on problems to resolution; events/system logging and performance monitoring on supported systems and software applications
- Manage, support and design Active Directory and all supporting services and systems
- Support integration and ongoing administration of SSO/SAML solution in/to all systems and applications
- Support deployment and administration of MFA across data center systems, SaaS services, virtualized and cloud environments
What will make you successful in this role:
- Operational and migration experience with/to/from Cloud/SaaS technologies (Azure, O365)
- Excellent architecture, systems, hardware, and software problem solving capabilities
- Expertise in planning, design, documenting and supporting high-availability, data replication, business continuity, fail-over solutions including disaster recovery and offsite storage implementations and support
- Experience or understanding of working in a technical environment requiring compliance e.g. HIPAA, SOC2, PCI-DSS, SOX.
- Experience with backups, proficient in system backups and restores/recoveries from tapes/disks/cloud.
- Significant experience with networking, including the design and architecture across various network layers and client/server environments; support of LAN and WAN based networks
- Understanding and knowledge of routers, switches, and data center equipment configuration and troubleshooting: Routing protocols; LAN protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc); Firewalls; VPN SSL, IPSEC; VLAN; IP subnet planning/design