Remote | USA
As a Technical Writer at Tanium, you will work closely with engineers and Technical Account Managers (TAMs) in an Agile environment to develop documentation and support information to accompany our platform and products. Writers are responsible for developing consumable, accurate, and timely documentation from which Tanium’s prospects and customers derive real value. Writers should possess the technical aptitude needed to understand our customer’s environments and the value that Tanium products provide.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and write security software installation, user, and admin guides
- Collaborate with Technical Account Management and product engineering teams to brainstorm, write, and review technical support articles, including troubleshooting tips, FAQs, integrations, release notes, and cross-product tutorials
- Independently author technical support articles and edit content written by multiple contributors
- Collaborate with user experience team on design of product and UI text
- Participate in development of and recommendations for documentation style standards, information architecture, tools, and best practices
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Communications, or English
- 8+ years experience in software documentation
- Writing for a system administrator audience
- Experience documenting for both Windows and Linux environments
- Understanding of information architecture principles and content organization
- Familiarity with XML, HTML, topic based/structured authoring, and single-sourcing
- 2+ years experience in helpdesk/technical support a plus
- Knowledge of DITA a plus
- Experience with Madcap Flare a plus
- Experience with IT security software/products a plus
- Self-starter with ability to learn software applications with little direction
- Technically astute and able to understand large enterprise IT concepts
- Interest in solving complex IT problems
- Familiarity with general networking and database concepts
- Broad knowledge across several technical domains with deep knowledge in one or more of the following: endpoint security, systems management, system administration, software engineering, or incident response
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.