IBM Quantum Computing Educators Program Manager (NYC or remote)
Yorktown Heights, New York, US
IBM Quantum is an industry first initiative to build universal quantum computers for business, engineering and science. This effort includes advancing the entire quantum computing technology stack and exploring applications to make quantum broadly usable and accessible. With a worldwide network of Fortune 500 companies, academic institutions, researchers, educators, and enthusiasts, we are committed to driving innovation for our clients in the IBM Q Network and the Qiskit Community.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Quantum is hiring an IBM Quantum Educators Program Manager with expertise in community engagement. In this role you will help us teach the world about quantum computing and grow our community of coders on the path toward achieving quantum advantage. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to work in a research environment with a range of interdisciplinary skillsets.
The Program Manager will work in collaboration across multiple teams to design and deliver sustained quantum education programs. You will have oversight over multiple projects and are responsible for identifying strategic opportunities to enhance our education initiatives, plan programs, and track progress. You will collaborate with researchers and developers across the IBM Quantum team and have the opportunity to interface with worldwide clients and partners who are actively using our quantum systems, while ensuring that they are equipped to build quantum applications using Qiskit, an open source quantum computing framework for leveraging today's quantum processors in research, education, and business. This is a position for self-directed creative thinker, tinkerer, and doer.
In this role, you will interact with communities interested in quantum computing and facilitate their learning and adoption of Qiskit. The ideal candidate must possess communication skills appropriate for engagement with developers and scientists, but must also be able to articulate complex concepts clearly to general audiences. The ideal candidate is also proactive, detail-orientated, and possesses strong analytical problem-solving skills. You will use community advocacy to help people solve real problems while building and identifying clear learning paths for meaningful adoption of IBM Quantum technology. This is a very challenging but fun job for the right person!
• Strategic planning - Identify key areas of program improvement and align with IBM Quantum and Community missions
• Goal tracking and reporting – set goals, track, and report to managers and executives on program progress.
• Operations Management for your projects – Set team meeting cadence, communications, and work to remove blockers or bottlenecks for your projects.
• Design and deliver sustained programs, with a key focus on creating accessible education content that contribute to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive quantum community.
This position is located in Yorktown Heights, NY or remote.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience with program management (2–5 years)
* Experience with metrics-driven tracking and reporting of outcomes to stakeholders (2–5 years)
* Demonstrated ability to work across team and organizational boundaries and with external partners to achieve results (2–5 years)
* Demonstrated ability applying organizational skills to tracking, managing, and navigating complex bureaucratic processes (1–5 years)
* Experience with legal compliance (2-5 years)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Physics or related field.
* Background in Python and developer relations.
* Background in community building & engagement.
* Willingness to travel for community engagements.
* Ability to strategize on new ways of reaching new and existing audiences across research communities.
* Interaction with software development in large global teams.
* Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach, and/or manage people
* Training in diversity, equity, and inclusion and experience applying this training
* Experience building community through in-person or digital experiences
About Business Unit
IBM Quantum is an industry first initiative to build universal quantum computers for business, engineering and science
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Compliance Mentor Open Source Python Research Strategic planning Training
Job region(s): North America