Back End Java Developer
Remote - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Here at Mindera, we are continuously developing a fantastic team, and would love it for you to join us.
As a Backend Software Developer you’ll be part of the development of the core service-oriented architecture.
We’re looking for experienced mid-level developers with at least three years of experience and an appetite for solving complex problems and building seamless user interactions to world-class standards.
Our focus is to develop with high standards while having operational aspects in mind (metrics collection, tracing, etc.) with a holistic view on the backend platform in the back of your mind.
This job will be 100% remote due to the current COVID-19 restrictions.
We are not accepting C2C applications at this time.
You're Good At
- Service oriented architectures, design patterns and data structures;
- Test automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Operational aspects: building performant applications and monitoring them showing you care about your code;
- Working with relational and non relational databases,
- Working with frameworks such as Spring Boot, Vert.x, Akka (although not essential);
- Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and DevOps;
- Being self-driven, self-organized and working with little supervision towards a common team and company purpose;
- Amazon Web Services;
- Working with a Restful system
- Managing NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB and/or Elasticsearch;
- Building highly concurrent, transactional and resilient services.
You Rock At
- Fantastic working environment built on the principles of lean and self-organization;
- Fun, happy and politics-free work culture;
- Competitive salaries and benefits;
- Potential to international travel;
- Working with high profile clients in consultancy environment;
- No dress code, corporate speak or middle managers.
At Mindera we use technology to build products we are proud of, with people we love.
Software Engineering Applications, including Web and Mobile, are at the core of what we do at Mindera.
We partner with our clients, to understand their product and deliver high performance, resilient and scalable software systems that create an impact in their users and businesses across the world.
You get to work with a bunch of great people, where the whole team owns the project together.
Our culture reflects our lean and self-organization attitude. We encourage our colleagues to take risks, make decisions, work in a collaborative way and talk to everyone to enhance communication.
We are proud of our work and we love to learn all and everything while navigating through an Agile, Lean and collaborative environment.
Our offices are located: Porto, Portugal | Aveiro, Portugal | Coimbra, Portugal | Leicester, UK | San Diego, USA | San Francisco, USA | Chennai, India | Bengaluru, India | Pittsburgh, PA