Software Engineer (Data Warehouse)
EurofinsWorld leader in food, environment, pharma product testing & agroscience CRO services; 61,000 staff across a network of more than 1,000 independent companies (940 laboratories) in 59 countries, offering over 200,000 analytical methods.
Why are we here?
You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work – all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment.
Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to the medicines you rely on. We work with the biggest companies in the world, making sure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
As a fast paced growing environment we are looking for natural born leaders that inspire passion in unique individuals and are not afraid to take risks in order to achieve goals. Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success. We encourage independent thinkers who challenge the status quo and never accept the market’s or the company’s “usual way of doing things”.
How can you contribute?
Eurofins is developing eLIMS-NG, the ‘Eurofins Laboratory Information Management System - Next Generation’. eLIMS-NG is a comprehensive and integrated suite of tools and applications to support testing business in our laboratories worldwide.
As a software developer you will deliver and maintain high quality software by yourself and together, within a team, including; analysis, design, code, testing, documentation, operation, support, etc..
You will promote high quality engineering of the target solutions, with Agile practices and adhere to Eurofins guidelines in all the phases of the SDLC. Software Developer will collaborate with users, functional analysts, application architects, deployment team(s) and other stakeholders to design fit for purpose software and features.
Also develop working relationships within the wider Eurofins IT community and with internal customers. Last, but not least you will create and contribute to a good team spirit!
Are you our kind of extraordinary?
You will have at least 5 years of working experience as a system engineer with hands-on experience in Azure Cloud, with Bachelor/Masters degree in a relevant field. Strong technical and analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of Azure architecture.
You have worked in international environment with various stakeholders. Follow and promote development practices and policies to produce high quality software. Also create and maintain technical and operational documentation that describes program code, logic, changes, and corrections for assigned functions?
- Experience with DWH concepts, Design and developing through ETL - SSIS package;
- Experience in Azure & Cloud DB technologies;
- Analyse data models, data relationships, and dependencies;
- Build various SQL Server based solutions (Procedures, views, functions);
- Monitor data integration and reporting anomalies and make adjustments as required;
- Query and execute formulas to prepare data in a suitable format for visualization;
- Investigating Database related issues and queries optimization;
- Proficient in tuning T-SQL queries to improve the database performance and availability;
- Experience with Dynamic Queries in monitoring SQL Server Performance using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor;
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance;
- Good knowledge in Normalizing and De-normalizing the tables and maintaining Referential Integrity by using Triggers and Primary and Foreign Keys;
- Reporting through SSRS (Drilldown,Drillthrough,Linked) reports, Subreports from new or existing datasets and ensure data integrity;
- Knowledge on Big Data would be an asset;
- Azure Data Lake gen-V2, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory , Azure Stream Analytics;
- Implementation knowledge through Spark & Scala;
- Knowledge of Azure Dev-ops, CI/CD pipeline.
If interested, please apply!
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Mid Data Scientist (f/m/x), Remote / BerlinAWS Azure Cloud Data-driven Data Science Data visualization GCP +7
Career development Conferences Flex hours Relocation support Startup environment +2
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs