Senior Software Engineer
Remote - Mountain View, California, United States
EdCast is an AI-powered knowledge cloud for unified discovery, knowledge management, and personalized learning. Our award-winning Learning Experience Platform (LXP) is used globally by Fortune 500 companies and government organizations to solve the discovery, curation and recommendation problems of content fragmentation across external, internal, and tacit knowledge sources. In addition to the LXP, our company’s solutions include MyGuide and Marketplace.
Our mission is to democratize learning. Often called the “Netflix of Learning” our goal is to provide frictionless access to knowledge for our enterprise and association customers making learning “the way we work”. Our goal is to help re-skill and upskill the globe to meet the demands of a rapidly changing digital world in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
EdCast is founded at Stanford University and headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, with growing operations in Europe and Asia. EdCast is a fast-growing scaleup, backed by top-notch investors including Sterling Capital Partners, Softbank, REV Venture Partners, London Fund, Crescent Enterprises.
Website: - www.edcast.com
The Senior Software Engineer role will:
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Support pre-sales and lead technical discussions
- Be responsible for end to end delivery of an integrated solution
- Proven work experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Project management and leadership skills are essential
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in Angular 7, AngularJS, PHP, NodeJS, Electron, Vue JS or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL, MongoDb and Redis
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Understanding of Cloud Architecture and Hosting best practices. Azure preferred
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Positive outlook in meeting challenges and working to a high level
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Professional experience working with and analyzing computer hardware and software
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with operating systems
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
What do we offer?
An opportunity to get ahead in your career by being part of a scaling-up Silicon Valley company. It is a massive opportunity to bring your ideas, your knowledge and to make a real impact within an environment that is open and challenging. You will be joining a truly passionate and multicultural team willing to make a difference and positively disrupt the way learning is done within organizations. We believe in lifelong learning.
We believe we can create abundant opportunities for workforce learning and upskilling within the organization ecosystems. We have the spark, the ambition, the drive and the passion of making an impact in the world.
Sounds like you? Apply now!
If you like the energy, feel the chemistry and the role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you. Send us your details and do not forget to attach your CV. If you want to go the extra-mile surprise us with a stand out motivation letter.