Physical Security Industry Specialist
US, WA, Virtual Location - Washington
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Special Programs Evaluations Assessments & Response (SPEAR) Team is expanding to support the growth of our data facilities and related security functions associated with this growth. AWS is looking for an independent, highly talented, and motivated Evaluator to join the SPEAR Evaluations Americas (AMER) West Team. This position is located in Seattle. In this role, you are responsible for performing physical security evaluations of our data facilities in the AMER West Region. You will evaluate the application of physical security including people, processes and measures to identify and document vulnerabilities and provide guidance on the path to resolution. You are also responsible for the creation of all written reports related to the evaluations you conduct. You will participate in the development, analysis, and implementation of physical security standards and identify areas for improvement.
As a SPEAR Evaluator, you will partner and work directly with other AWS Physical Security Teams, AWS Management, and customers to aid in the real world application of physical security to existing and new data facilities. You will also review new and cutting edge technology and security measures for possible application to the existing suite of security processes and measures to enhance the security posture of our data facilities.
An ideal candidate for this role is willing and able to work at all levels from the theoretical knowledge of physical security principles, to the practical application and real world implementation of processes and measures. Additionally, the candidate has knowledge of the concept and principles of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED), and the ability to complete associated data collection, analysis, presentations, and reports. The candidate is able to execute detailed evaluations of our existing facilities identifying areas which can be improved to enhance the physical security posture of each site. To meet these requirements and ensure the delivery of the team’s mission, the position requires extensive global travel, amounting to 50% on average.
· Manage and lead the execution of physical security evaluations of all data facilities within AMER West. Ensuring that all vulnerabilities identified as part of this evaluation process are documented and effective mitigation actions are taken to resolve the security vulnerability.
· Partner directly with AWS Security customers to review security related documentation and help them understand the implementation of all physical security standards and policies to their real world environment.
· Develop and review new and cutting edge technology and security measures for possible application to the existing suite of security processes and measures to enhance the security posture of our data facilities.
· Assist the global SPEAR Team determine the strategic direction of the AWS Physical Security Program based on customer interaction and demonstrative outputs.
· Keep the AWS Security leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.
· Remain connected with industry trends and events. Develop and maintain connections with key industry personnel and manufacturers.
· Assist work of internal and external assessors or auditors as necessary.
· The basic qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job:
· 7+ years of experience working with physical security principles, access control, intrusion detection, and video assessment and surveillance systems.
· 5+ years of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) experience.
· 5+ years of experience in conducting reviews of existing facilities and applying physical security principles to practical applications experienced at the site.
· 5+ years of experience in analysis of new and cutting edge physical security technology and devices.
· Ability to travel worldwide.
The preferred qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job:
· Experience in performing physical security assessments of people, processes, and measures, including access control, intrusion detection, and video assessment and surveillance systems.
· Demonstrated knowledge of physical security best practices to include but not limited to application of physical security systems, investigation techniques, management of contract security guards and incident management.
· Experience in building successful assessment programs.
· Clear understanding of cloud computing services.
· Ability to integrate into an international work environment.
· Proven track record of leading, managing, and partnering with geographically dispersed team members.
· Experience and proficiency in public speaking.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Experience in briefing and communicating with all levels of management.
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
· Ability to handle confidential information with care.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age