Manager, Support Engineering - Vault, Consul, Nomad
Posted 1 month ago
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
HashiCorp is seeking a Manager, Support Engineering for our Vault, Consul and Nomad teams in the Netherlands. In this role you will help manage a fast growing team, who provides Enterprise level support for the Enterprise Vault product. This team is responsible for handling all customer reported issues, and following these issues through resolution, ensuring the customer is satisfied and has a stable system working.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Track and document customer support issues, guaranteeing they meet documented SLAs
- Ensure customer feedback reaches the correct teams within HashiCorp
- Methodically lead customer escalations from your direct reports
- Build and lead a team: Drive all performance standards, facilitate trainings and mentorship opportunities, and provide feedback as needed
- Work with Customer Success during the sales cycle, and guarantee hand-offs occur easily, ensuring that Support Engineering is fully prepared, and that new and large customers requiring special needs are handled with care.
- Own and track important metrics, including Service Level Agreements (SLA), Current Support Load, and Customer Satisfaction
- Provide status and updates to Director, Support Engineering
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Success, Product, and others, to improve the overall customer experience
- Continuous process improvements – support engineering tools, process, on-call rotations, team structure, etc.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 10+ years relevant experience in Support Engineering, Customer Success, or Customer Satisfaction. Technology start-up experience a plus
- 5+ years’ experience leading a team of Support Engineers
- Experience in enterprise software release and support processes
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Experience and participation within the DevOps community
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve and exceed goals
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault is a plus
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Travel as needed
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college/university preferred or equivalent experience
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LIJN1