Purchasing (Temporary) - Hybrid
Lancaster, PA, United States
EurofinsWorld leader in food, environment, pharma product testing & agroscience CRO services; 61,000 staff across a network of more than 1,000 independent companies (940 laboratories) in 59 countries, offering over 200,000 analytical methods.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins, Inc. National Service Center (“NSC”) located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, is searching for Interns to support the Purchasing department in Lancaster, PA. The internship would be for 3 months and you will have a defined mission, which could be a supporting or leading a tendering project, conducting market or supplier analysis, building a sourcing plan, supporting supply chain intervention or driving a negotiation. Your manager will help you coach and achieve the various goals. Upon successful completion of the internship you may be directly offered a job in one of the Eurofins purchasing teams.
Purchasing is a world of analysis, strategy, relationship management, supply chains, and negotiations. This is the team responsible for sourcing and securing materials and services needed by different functions and teams, at the best price, quality and speed. These range from consumables used in the tests, equipment for our labs, building new sites to IT solutions used throughout the company.
To succeed, you’ll need good communication, negotiation, and relationship management skills, along with strong business acumen and strategic thinking abilities. With these talents, our support and development programs, and your own ambition, you’ll become a successful sourcing expert. Eurofins encourages job rotation in different categories or business areas to keep your challenged and to continue to grow
Students and entry level applicants will be taught everything they need to know to succeed through a mix of on the job training, access to best on class industry leading e-learning platform and coaching by the manager and peers. What we look for are people who demonstrate the ability or potential to collaborate, communicate effectively, influence, negotiate, analyze, and strategize.
Eurofins Purchasing professionals leverage their skills in strategy, operations, supplier relationship management, data analytics, supply chain management and experience with best in class tools. We focus on having a healthy balance of sourcing and operations mastery, and a breadth of experience across materials, services, and business units. A career here will develop your ability to be a solid sourcing professional with opportunities to grow vertically and horizontally within Purchasing or across functions throughout the company.
Eurofins Purchasing professionals have a diverse range of responsibilities:
- Sourcing materials and services
- Tendering process
- Identifying and working with suppliers and vendors
- Developing sourcing strategies from market analysis or customer needs data
- Developing and optimizing supply chains
- Supply capacity and risk management
- Cross-functional, internal, and external relationship management
- Vendor performance assessments and evaluations
- Contract management
- Setting the standard in purchasing for our entire industry
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team with a courteous, professional and positive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Expertise in Microsoft Office with focus on Excel
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Either completing the final semester of an undergraduate university degree program or graduated within the last few years.
- Business-related degree/study program preferred, but other majors can be considered. Scientific background an added plus.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
The specific schedule for this internship is flexible and dependent on candidate availability.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs