Posted 1 month ago
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible for securing access to ongoing feeds, and historical data from our customers to support the training of predictive machine learning models, and the workflows that make up our applications.
As a Data Analyst, you will ensure that our internal teams have the highest quality of data. The focus of this position is ingesting all data received from customers and transforming into the internal Urbint schema. You will be a key part of the customer on-boarding process, handling data ingestion, normalization, and quality control. Additionally, you will work with the engineering teams to identify process improvements to scale the data ingestion tools so that they can be made available directly to our customers.
Who you are
- A data geek with enviable SQL and Pandas skills and a passionate sense of ownership
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a small, rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Someone who enjoys dealing with large, disparate datasets
- Proactive communicator; Upfront/candid with any challenges
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Able to troubleshoot independently, and identify when outside help is needed when roadblocks are hit
What you’ll do
- Operate Urbint’s data ingestion tooling
- Write new data transforms in Pandas, and Python where appropriate
- Develop data analysis scripts to automate quality assurance
- Write updates and share with Customer Success teams
- Identify and make process improvements in the data ingestion process
Nice to Haves
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Mission-driven - some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks; we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- 100% remote - work from anywhere
- Remote work monthly stipend
- Competitive compensation package
- Best in class medical coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid
- Health perks - wellness reimbursement
- Educational allowance - up to $1000 /yr
- Weekly lunch stipend
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.