O-IO-I crafts the iconic as the world’s leading glass bottle manufacturer
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
With nearly 25,000 employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning almost 72 plants in 20 countries, O-I is a truly global maker of glass packaging.
From engineering and manufacturing to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations and fuel consumers’ desire for glass.
Responsible for characterizing the behavior of industrial equipment through analytical calculations and the use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Finite Element Analysis software. Has expertise in numerical modeling of equipment and products involving momentum, energy, static and dynamic stress analysis, modal analysis, fatigue analysis, heat transfer, radiation, convection, thermodynamics, mass transport, multiphase flow, multi-domain analysis, and combustion.
(All other duties as assigned)
Work with equipment designers and process development teams. Execute analysis tasks from the proposal stage through reporting and presenting as needed. Projects range from analysis of existing equipment to development of new components. Can scop numerical analysis tasks designed to answer questions posed by project team. Deliver project results on time and on budget. Capable of communicating results and status to project teams. Can prepare high quality technical reports summarizing activities and recommendations.
SCOPE AND IMPACT
Contribute innovative concepts as a key member of a development team. Guide and lead model verification and validation efforts using data collected from experiment. Manage multiple tasks while maintaining on-time schedules. Participate actively in the problem solving process. Good working scientific knowledge of industrial processes such as melting, material forming, material handling, and quality assurance.
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, or similar discipline preferred. M.S. In Mechanical Engineering or similar required.
Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required. Preferably in product manufacturing. Preferably with a company engaged in industrial batch and continuous materials processing. Preferably in the glass manufacturing industry. Preferably in the glass container manufacturing industry.
Knowledge of one of the following softwares required - Ansys Mechanical, Fluent, Abaqus or StarCCM.
Advanced english reading, writing and speaking skills required
10% or less
- Private medical care including dental care;
- Life insurance;
- Multisport card;
- Social fund (e.g. vacation allowance, Christmas allowance);
- Employee referral program;
- Flexible working hours;
- Remote work from Poland;
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you.
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
Other jobs like this
Software Engineer ll - Core ExperienceAPIs Cloud Computer Science Data-driven Data management Distributed systems Java +3
Career development Cell phone stipend Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs