Practice Facilitator Nurse
Ready Responders was founded in 2016 with the mission of giving patients direct access to healthcare professionals in their homes and giving Responders the opportunity to provide care in their communities. Responders travel to patients’ homes to address their physical, mental, and social health needs, utilizing technology to connect with an advanced medical or behavioral health provider, and connecting them with external resources and relationships for ongoing, sustained support.
With Ready Responders, patients now have access to quality whole person care in their homes, 16 hours a day, 365 days a year, and talented individuals are provided the opportunity to work with a rapidly growing, mission-driven company. We are in-network with most major insurance companies in the markets we serve. Ready Responders is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, Rise of the Rest, and City Lights Capital.
What You'll Do
The Practice Facilitator Nurse will work closely with their administrative counterpart, the Clinical Practice Facilitator, at the direction of the laboratory supervising provider. Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting lab results to patients on behalf of providers within set standing orders
- Address patient concerns that require clinical knowledge
- Follow up with patients over the phone after testing or at the direction of a provider
- Schedule patients for a house call if needed
- Alert appropriate providers to high priority results and facilitate response at their discretion
- Work with administrative counterpart and local health departments on mandatory reporting of communicable diseases
- Schedule follow-up treatment for abnormal lab results as outlined in standing orders Perform patient education and provide anticipatory guidance on a wide range of disease, public health, and wellness topics
- Assist supervising provider in educating non-clinical staff on best practices for handling patient requests
- Assist supervising provider in educating field staff on best practices for test collection, documentation, and on scene patient education or anticipatory guidance.
- Alerting supervising provider to issues that require improvements in workflow and assisting in creating best practices for laboratory testing and prescription management.
- Assist with incoming prescription issues including:
- Sending prescriptions to a new pharmacy or cancelling prescriptions
- Reviewing refill requests & filling under set protocol
- Assigning prescription issues to on call provider
- Assist Quality Assurance team as needed
What You’ll Need
- 1-2 years of nursing in an outpatient practice
- 3+ years nursing experience
- Spanish fluency strongly preferred
- Strong interest in patient education & practice improvement
- Strong technology skills, ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Microsoft office including Excel, Athena EMR, Google Suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Someone who is compassionate and eager to see problems through until they are resolved for every patient
- Highly organized and adaptable to change in a startup environment while helping to innovate methods for delivering a better patient experience.
What You’ll Get
- Fully-stocked kitchen with endless snacks and coffee
- Friendly, fun and mission-driven environment
- Company sponsored events