Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
The Cloud/Platform Engineer is responsible for the support and engineering of the platform in support of customer and partner platforms. The role is defined by incident performance metrics, customer satisfaction results and improving the level of automation in build, upgrade and automated support activities. Key skills are customer service, windows, infrastructure and cloud engineering expertise and a desire to be a best in class engineer delivering within a DevOps environment.
- Working part of a team in resolving incidents and fulfilling service requests
- Proactively getting involved in supporting all customer service areas
- Work with development team to resolve customer/partner development queries
- Implementing changes to customer platforms while observing ITIL standards
- Participate in New Product release and platform upgrade testing
- Investigate incidents and source answers to various technical issues
- Fulfil Service requests and implement changes according to priority level while maintaining communication with customers/partners and relevant internal teams
- Take initiative in identifying and escalating issues with Team Leads or Incident Manager
- Contribute to and create documentation as well as review existing documentation
- Identify improvements to processes and share with management
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology and/or Computer Science; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience and proven success in Azure design, support and management within a large-scale organization. Proven expert knowledge of virtual application delivery technologies.
- Server Administrator on Windows Server 2012 (Preferred) & General knowledge and experience in troubleshooting Microsoft & Windows Operating Systems
- Attention to detail and analytical/logical problem solver
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Enjoys working as part of team and proactively supports team members
- Experience in using and developing automation and scripting (PowerShell) to drive efficiencies
- Experience in working in a DevOps environment