Product Marketing Manager PX-Backup, Portworx (Staines, Dublin or Prague)
Posted 3 months ago
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a Product Marketing Manager responsible for Portworx’s Kubernetes data protection solution, PX-Backup in the Pure Storage Cloud Native Business, you will be involved with development and execution of go-to-market plans for Pure’s cloud native, container, and Kubernetes solutions. We are looking for an extremely motivated team player to deliver innovative solutions that address real customer use cases and challenges as we help the world’s biggest brands and companies simplify and build modern applications.
You will be responsible for evangelizing the recently acquired Kubernetes data services platform Portworx’s PX-Backup solution, as part of Pure’s cloud native solutions—to drive market awareness and adoption by developing innovative marketing content. The ideal candidate for this role will have considerable technical understanding of the modern cloud native stack (Kuberrnetes, open-source data services, CSI storage plugins, etc.), modern data protection, and be able to translate them into relatable, consumable content for customers as well as Pure’s sales teams. This is a highly cross-functional role where you will collaborate with other product marketing leads, product management, sales, and corporate marketing to build and execute GTM plans. You will
- Be a go-to solution marketing expert with a deep understanding of the Portworx Kubernetes Data Services solutions
- Channel the voice of the customer—understand the pain points and aspirations of the target buyer.
- Create, define, and own the content machine for solution messaging. Show your expertise on all forms of collateral: data sheets, slides, web content, videos, blogs, infographics, etc.
- Work closely with the demand generation, events, and field marketing teams to ensure that marketing collateral is consistent with messaging.
- Work closely with product management and solutions architecture teams to translate the technical vision into marketing communications as new products are introduced.
- Create sales collateral and sales enablement material as well as maintain the collateral library.
- Show your creative flair with infographics, Google Slides, and visual representation of messages and create the “aha” moment for your audience.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE (Qualifications)
- 3+ years of experience in a product/solution marketing or content marketing role for solutions in the Kubernetes ecosystem
- Strong aptitude for distilling complex technical differentiators into simple, sticky stories
- Proven ability to learn about new technologies quickly and deliver on time
- Knowledge of key target personas: DevOps, Kubernetes and cloud architects, SREs, and IT infrastructure managers
- High energy, sense of urgency, passion, and a “can do” attitude
- BS degree or equivalent
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.