Technical Support Agent
Do you want to join our growing team and help us continue to delight our users through prompt technical support and excellent customer service?
- Type: Remote - Contractor
- Hours: Full time
- Term: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
This role is remote/distributed and can be done from any location that aligns with the US East Coast (Eastern Standard Time). Note that we are based in the European time zone and you will be engaged on a full-time contractor basis (you will be paid gross and responsible for your own taxes, social security, etc.).
More about the role
As a Support Engineer at Symless, you’ll co-own the support queue by solving our customer’s configuration problems. You’ll ensure that we are made aware of bugs and features that are important to users. From the knowledge base maintenance to discovering steps to reproduce bugs, you'll be our first line representing our company, helping to make our product great.
Social media and forums are also very important customer-facing channels that need to be tended to daily. As well as engaging with customers on Twitter and Facebook, you’ll become an active member of the user community, getting to know regulars on the forums.
About Symless and Synergy
Our mission at Symless is to make great apps for people who have multiple computers. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, it's also used at some pretty neat companies like Apple, Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more. That said, we're actually a very small company of 20 people, so you won't get lost in the crowd.
- Solve customer’s software config issues
- Champion bug fixes and improvements
- Help customers with account issues
- Learn and develop expertise in our software products and development process
- Respond to customers via social media
- Ensure no forum post goes unanswered
We'll need you to have:
- Friendly and helpful personality with excellent written English
- Experience with at least two of these OS's: Windows, Mac, and/or Linux
- Troubleshooting software installs and configs
- Strong understanding of networks, IP addresses, and firewalls
- Excellent communication skills
- Open-minded and always learning
- Experience using Zendesk (or other helpdesk platforms)
- A proven track record in providing online technical support to customers
It would also be nice if you had experience with:
- Technical Writing Skills would be a plus