Remote - U.S.
At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans, and our network of partners.
Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare.
About the Role:
Ginger’s User Experience team is seeking a UX/Product Designer to help shape the next generation of our collaborative-care platform and member products. Your primary focus will be supporting the research and design of tools used by our behavioral health coaches, clinicians, and member support teams who work to provide Ginger Members with outstanding mental health care. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on our member facing app - designing innovative experiences around how members receive and share information with their care teams. We are looking for design leaders that are passionate about understanding user needs and crafting exceptional products.
As a member of the UX team, you’ll work on a close-knit team of product managers, engineers, data scientists, marketers, and users involved in the end-to-end design process from research and ideation to implementation and iteration. You’ll also be part of a growing UX/Product Design team focused on continual learning and sharing of best practices.
- Create and deliver design solutions that meet project goals and result in positive company metrics/end-user outcomes
- Interact directly with users and key stakeholders; building relationships to understand how to support their core needs/workflows and translate them into actionable solutions
- Plan, lead, and execute user research, both exploratory and evaluative
- Visually express system-views of customer experience workflows, pinpointing areas for improvement and operational overlap
- Leverage data science and sensor data to personalize care, improve care specialists’ understanding of a member’s mental state, and simplify workflows
- Creatively solve challenging problems through prototyping and testing of concepts/designs with users
- Craft user workflow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes and high fidelity designs
- Collaborate with product and brand designers across the company to define UX principles and UI patterns
- Contribute to the creation and evolution of our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency
- Foster team growth and learning by contributing to collective knowledge sharing and building out design processes
About you and Requirements:
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing in-depth knowledge of user experience, IA, interaction, and visual/user interface design (internal tool design experience is a big plus)
- Ability to present your ideas clearly, receive feedback with open-mindedness, and get buy-in on ideas
- Experience in user research tools and methodologies and the ability to translate insights into action
- Experience designing and shipping successful, elegant whole app feature-level experiences
- Experience planning and facilitating workshop and co-creation sessions
- A high degree of creativity, empathy, and teamwork abilities
- 5+ years of professional work experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team
- B.A/B.S. in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design or a related field/equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, responsive/HTML/CSS design
- Experience translating machine learning insights and/or sensor data into streamlined user experiences
- Experience with A/B testing and use of data analysis frameworks
- Experience in the health and wellness space