Data Technical Lead
Alberta, Canada - Remote
ATB FinancialBig life events can trigger big banking changes. Whether you’re starting university or planning your retirement, we’ve made it easy to find the accounts and resources you need.
Our bottom line is different.
There’s something special about working at ATB, and it’s been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it’s our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you’re free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it’s our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans—even the ones who aren’t our clients.
Whatever it is, you won’t find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
Job Number: REQ4915
Location: Anywhere in Alberta #LI-Remote
Apply by: Tuesday, October 18, 2022
System Title: Data Developer 9
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Ivan Stefanovic
As ATB’s next Data Technical Lead you will provide expertise and oversight for all data management/application solutions to ensure the progress of technical and business goals meet and exceed industry best practices and client expectations.
This role will be part of the Data Delivery Team, and the primary focus of this position is to perform guidance, consultation, development and implementation support to information consumers for their Data Delivery needs in a Big Query environment.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in Data Development and brings product expertise to clients.
- Enforces guidelines on how data is moved, stored and categorized.
- Contributes to specifications and standards for architecture to align with data analytics platforms.
- Manages architecture implications of advanced data solutions.
- Steers vision, sets goals and manages stakeholder expectations for Data projects.
- Identifies opportunities for data environment simplification, performance improvements, and cost efficiencies.
- Recommends technology strategy and consolidated roadmap highlighting data and tool dependencies.
- Creates and establishes design standards and assurance processes for software, system and application development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows and storage requirements.
- Coaches teammates at lower levels.
- 7+ years of data modeling experience including strong knowledge of data management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Working experience with cloud-based architectures and technologies.
- Strong Python knowledge
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Google Platform Tools (BigQuery, Data Flow, Air Flow / Composer)
- Proven work experience as a Database developer
- Provide excellent service, leadership, communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Recognized post-secondary Information Technology university/ college/ technical school or industry certification
- Nice to have: Google Data Engineer Certification
- Nice to have: Previous experience in other financial industry technology areas such as Treasury systems, self-service banking channels, etc.
- Nice to have: Experience working with and sourcing data from various SAP systems, including S4 Hana, BW, CRM.
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are a match for this position, please consider applying.
Interested? If you know one of our team members, BEFORE applying, reach out to them and ask them for a referral link to help your application stand out.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We might ask you to participate in a digital interview or phone interview. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.
Stay in touch!
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer II - (Remote - US)Analytics APIs AWS Azure BigQuery Blog posts Cloud +10
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Team events +1
Data Analyst - Disease Community Specialist (fully remote)Analytics Data Science Data visualization Excel Global company Life Sciences Power BI +5
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Gear Startup environment +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs