Head of Account Management
London, England, United Kingdom - Remote
Legl is a fast-growing, vertical B2B SaaS platform with a mission to bring the legal industry into the 21st century. We closed our Series B (May 2022), and we are scaling quickly on our next phase of growth.
Our vision is to be part of a structural change in the legal industry so that firms, as well as their clients, have a better experience of accessing legal services. We launched in October 2019 and in the short time since then have built a large law firm customer base who love our product and our team.
We have an agile, ambitious and collaborative team. With deep experience across design, tech and the industry, we put our employees first. We’re looking for people who can grow with us.
Our core values are agility, ambition, and collaboration. We rely heavily on data and first principles decision-making.
We’re looking for a Head of Account Management to join our evolving AM function and lead your team (Account Managers & Onboarding Managers) towards success. From guiding your team to achieving their goals, through to managing a (smaller) portfolio of strategic accounts to deliver value and up/cross sells. Implementing key strategic decisions on how we improve our day-to-day account management operations, through to closing exciting partners on our wider product suite.
Coordinating across various teams - such as Sales, Product, Marketing and Customer Onboarding - you’ll be immersed across Legl to help drive value to our law firms. With ambitious plans to continue our growth, this role will report into our Director of Customer Experience and guide the strategic expansion of our account management team.
How would we describe success?
- Understands company, clients, key challenges, and product and position in the market.
- Shadowing of account manager activities, including external touchpoints (kick off, QBR, product demos), escalation procedures, and cross-departmental meetings (GTM meetings).
- Early hypotheses and strategy on areas of improvement across the account management team.
- Direct line management of AMs; providing support and managerial direction to help AMs accomplish goals. Moreover, early signs that the team is trending positively towards goals.
- Engagement of initial cross-sell opportunities, with 1-2 cross-sells in late stage / converted
- Establishment of operational and performance benchmarks established across the account management team.
Month 3 & beyond:
- Individual account managers on track for attainment of goals
- Initial success with few cross-sell accounts. Ideally with 4 conversions or deals in late stage
- Rollout of continual learning programs with AMs, whereby dedicated time is spent upskilling around AM processes, market insights, best practices around client engagement, and more.
- Team management - Ability to motivate, coach, and monitor a team of 3-4 AMs. This includes, amongst other things, training and providing guidance to continually improve effectiveness of team members.
- Performance optimisation – Focus on how to improve day-to-day execution and operational performance of our AM team. Eg process, account hygiene, or soft skill improvements to make AMs more impactful.
- Commercial acumen - Able to provide insights on account opportunities and how to approach commercial requirements for different customer segments, eg evaluating and aiding up-sell/cross-sell opportunities from AMs
- Account monitoring - Ability to spot, or have systems in place to detect accounts that wane in usage and required re-engagement playbooks to course correct.
- Go to market knowledge - Understanding what is needed to effectively promote features – existing or new – to our current client base.
- Account management - Oversee and engage with a portfolio of clients to provide continued value with our products, while expanding revenues.
- Previous experience leading and growing a group of account managers in a SaaS environment.
- A mindset and track record of continuous improvement, demonstrating previous situations in which they have persistently enhanced departmental outcomes
- Commercially focused with a proven experience of delivering growth, revenue, and business targets
- Process-driven approach to improve team output, efficiency, and provide scalable solutions
- Analytical mindset to evaluate new opportunities within a market or account, and highlight areas of improvements
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful to hit objectives despite possible constraints
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly outline a plan and steps to execute on it.
- Natural relationship builder, with a keen desire to empathise with customers, understanding their key challenges and how our product can alleviate their concerns
- Competitive salary and share options: we all share in Legl’s success
- Legl has a dynamic, remote-first culture, with a focus on making work work for you. We give generous budgets for home set-ups, co-working space use if you need or want it and access to office spaces for collaboration in person, no matter where you live.
- Twice-annual offsites to get to socialise with your colleagues in person.
- Opportunity to join a well-funded, post-Series B startup in our mission to make legal services better for everyone
- High impact work that really matters - success in this role will drive our growth and have a big impact on the business and our clients
- A focus on wellbeing with access to support sessions with a psychotherapist and a personal wellbeing budget of £250 per year
- A learning and development budget of £1000 per year
- Regular company off-sites, where we all get together in-person, as well as frequent remote social events
We believe that having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs