Staff Software Engineer, Backend (AXP)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Affirm Experimentation Platform (AXP) team empowers Affirm to make smarter, faster product decisions through experimentation. We build a multivariate testing platform and ecosystem that enables our company to effectively understand the impacts that our product changes have on the business.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to lead our efforts growing our experimentation platform and evangelizing our vision of having every product change released as an experiment. You'll partner deeply with product managers, engineering leads, and other stakeholders across the company to understand their needs and help them ship better products, faster. Our system is high scale, highly visible, and central to the success of Affirm and our engineering team.
What you'll do
- Partner with product, engineering, and more to understand problems and design solutions
- Architect high scale, high visibility software systems -- our system is used by most every team at Affirm and powers most of our product iteration.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other engineers both inside and outside the immediate team.
What we look for
- 6-10+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Passion for partnering with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, highly performant HTTP and RPC interfaces
- Product-centric thinking -- we care just as much about the product experience (ours, our stakeholders', and our company's) as we do the design of our engineering systems.
- Familiarity with experimentation or feature flagging systems is a plus
Technology you will use
- Python / Flask
- HTTP / OpenAPI
- Git / Phabricator