Senior iOS Engineer, Growth
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Growth division at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world through work on multiple teams. We connect users to each other through engaging, real-time chat experiences. We help users encounter the best content at the right time via the right product surface. And we are laying architectural foundations and building experiences to help Reddit communities thrive internationally. These efforts set us up for continued growth, and as an iOS Engineer you contribute to the delight of millions of new and existing users.
If building the iOS platform that unlocks the next hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
What We’re Working On
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Crafting a modern user experience for accessing content and communities on Reddit.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
What We Can Expect From You
- Expertise in Swift or Objective-C with 5+ years of experience within iOS development.
- Sound software engineering fundamentals.
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone.
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Experience building at least one amazing iOS app with a team from start to shipment.
- Build experiences and create the patterns for Reddit’s official iOS app that power localized experiences, help users engage with content, or deliver modern chat experiences.
- Partner across product, design, and engineering teams to innovate and implement sophisticated solutions to complex challenges.
- Participate in the full iOS development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.