Software Engineer, Search and Feeds (Fullstack)
San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Remote
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Feeds & Search are our most viewed product surfaces, and a huge responsibility for the shepherds of these surfaces. This role will encompass ownership of the end to end UI/UX experiences that expose the latest advancements in Feeds & Search technologies at Reddit. Furthermore, this is an opportunity to work closely with ML and Search practitioners to deliver a Feeds & Search user experience that is safe, performant and engaging.
Reddit is looking for a Full-Stack engineer capable of shipping both frontend UI/UX experiences as well as the API integrations that power these features. You will work closely with Product Managers, ML Engineers, and Search Engineers to deliver best in class user experiences that will advance Reddit’s efforts to bring community and belonging to everyone on the planet.
You will use technologies such as React, Baseplate, GraphQL, Kubernetes, and more. Your work will span our most viewed product surfaces on Reddit, and power the “front page of the internet”.
- Libraries: React, Redux, Baseplate, GraphQL
- Databases: Postgres, Cassandra, Memcached, Redis
- Tools: Kubernetes
- Full-stack web application development using a variety of coding languages and tools
- Design and implement the next generation of Reddit Feeds & Search experiences
- Design and implement the APIs that power Reddit Feeds & Search experiences
- Work with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences
- Champion and drive engineering processes and best practices
- Write efficient, scalable and maintainable code that will help us iterate quickly and safely
- Experience with one or more front-end web frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Experience designing and implementing performant, stable, and maintainable API interfaces
- Familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation.
- Understanding customer needs and translating them into product features is a plus.