Graphics Engineer, Canvas Render
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Render Engineer you will help us expand our users capabilities by developing our cutting edge browser rendering engine. You thrive learning best practices from the academic and industry and turning them in solutions for our customers. Our belief is simple: Generate wows by making users enjoy using our platform. Shift their mind state from work to fun.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, enhance and improve Render features
- Study, identify and improve performance bottlenecks.
- Work closely with the architecture, product and design teams.
- Hack through your ideas. Generate as many POCs as possible.
- Provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions
- Implement automated unit and integration tests and ensure the practice is followed consistently
- Keep track of industry trends to keep our Render Engine on the bleeding edge
- Be part of every tech design you wish, we are open to everyone.
- Lead highly complex and abstract programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Participate in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- A MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or 5 years of proven experience in similar work
- 3+ years of experience developing or working with the internals of 2D/3D rendering engines
- Hands on development of graphical applications, services or games
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.