Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for an engineer with demonstrated experience in software development and infrastructure using Kubernetes with a focus on ensuring high reliability and scaling of Mattermost’s new SaaS offering through building tools, deploying infrastructure and automation in Kubernetes.
- Build services and tools to ensure the stability of Mattermost’s SaaS offering
- Define infrastructure in code with Terraform and other tools
- Write thoughtful and high-quality code in Go
- Follow our engineering best practices, and ensure alignment with our Leadership Principles
- Develop services to handle automatic recovery from incidents and disasters
- Automate incident or disaster simulations to identify blindspots
- Set technical vision and innovate to be on the forefront of self-healing SaaS services
- Implement, maintain and tune monitoring and alerting systems
- Deploy applications to and manage Kubernetes clusters
- Participate in our on-call rotation to respond to incidents and resolve problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional DevOps or SRE experience
- 5+ years of previous experience as a developer or SRE with operational responsibilities
- Strong experience running reliable, high scale applications with Kubernetes in production
- Strong skills and experience working with infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform
- Familiarity with container systems such as Kubernetes & Docker
- Solid programming skills and experience with or an ability to quickly become proficient in Go
- Ability and willingness to be on-callExperience with SRE and DevOps methodologies
- Experience with distributed application systems using HTTP, WebSockets, RPC, pub/sub, etc. at scale
- Open source contributions to related projects
- Knowledge of Grafana and Prometheus
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, CircleCI
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Belarus - Canada - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
If you would be living and working from a location not listed above, we encourage you to continue to apply so we can be in touch when we are able to hire in your country/region, and we recommend that you frequently check our openings as this list will be updated regularly. In the meantime, you can become a Mattermost Contributor anytime, we would love to see you there!
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!