Lead Product Owner
Manchester, England, United Kingdom - Remote
An exciting opportunity has opened up at CDL for an experienced Lead/Senior Role within the Product Owner team. The role involves heading up one of our Product Families and taking on a lead role around Strategy and direction for a portfolio of products working collaboratively with the rest of the team and the business.
You’ll work with key stakeholders internally and externally to build the vision for your Portfolio of products, working with the rest of the Lead PO team to support our strategy vision and direction, this will be based on value that you will build to demonstrate to the business value defined key MI information for the products that are within your portfolio.
You will have a passion for communication, be able to understand and prioritise requirements for new or existing products, and then communicate these to our clients and the business alike. You will need to be fully competent at providing MI reporting to ensure you are getting the right investment for your product(s) and that we are going in the right direction drawing on Market research and knowledge from within the business itself in a cost effective and timely manner.
You will take responsibility for defining a ‘vision’ “mission” for your Portfolio aligning it to the defined business strategies and pillars, ensuring that every member of the team keeps that vision clearly in mind as development progresses. Ultimately, you will own the product roadmap, using your strategic insight and feedback from various sources to iteratively evolve features according to user and client need.
As a Family Lead PO at CDL, you are accountable for the output of a team of PO’s and your success depends on your ability to get them to perform to a high standard, in a range of different circumstances. You use your experience and understanding of client, business and Portfolio to ask the right questions at the right time in order to pre-empt issues or remove blockers; you reframe challenges so they are easier to solve; and you coach others in your teams to be the best they can be as a team.
You are willing to work collaboratively with other Family Lead PO’s, taking the initiative to step in and advise/help when you see something going wrong. You think ahead, beyond the day to day, to help identify and drive initiatives within the Product Owners’ Community of Practice (CoP) that will benefit CDL and the team over the next 12 months.
Although we value self-organising teams, the Lead Product Owner will often find their natural leadership skills called upon as they take responsibility for ensuring that software is delivered on time, on budget - and in a way that meets the business expectations. This is a rewarding, creative and challenging role which demands initiative, resourcefulness and good problem-solving skills.
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in our own landscaped campus in Stockport, employing over 600 staff.
We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We are also proud to have achieved the Top Employee 2020. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
You will be:
- Commercially aware and competent in managing and reporting on budgets for the families, a natural strategic thinker.
- A sound knowledge of the Insurance Industry would be an advantage
- Organised and pro-active, with impeccable attention to detail.
- A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues and clients alike.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a 'can-do' approach and solid problem-solving skills.
- Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and will contribute to ongoing organisational improvements.
You must have:
- Strong experience working as a Lead/Senior Product Owner or account manager ideally in technology or a related field.
- CSPO/PSPO accreditation or experience no less than 3 years within a lead role
- A proven track record of delivering high profile, user-oriented solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Superlative client facing skills, with the ability to build trusted relationships with clients of all levels internally and externally.
- Experience of Agile development
- The ability to clearly articulate a product vision or strategy to others, and to ensure that everyone retains their focus on this vision throughout the delivery
- A strong level of commercial awareness and a strategic mind with the ability to identify business opportunities and contribute to delivering against them for clients.
- Great organisational skills with the ability to thrive in a demanding environment whilst juggling multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and in all mediums, from emails to formal documents and both written and oral presentations.
- An appreciation of what makes a good user experience, and the ability to balance this against other competing priorities.
- Boundless initiative and a can-do attitude.
- If this sounds like you and you want to really help grow an already spectacular team then please come forwards and show us how good you are!
- Certified 'Top Employer' awarded by the Top Employers Institute for 6th year running
- Flexible hours
- Flexible working – work from anywhere in the UK, coming together for any collaboration days required at the campus
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups
- 25 days holiday to start, increasing with service
- Life and Health Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects and volunteer days
- Diversity & Inclusion network
- Established recognition system
- Refer a friend bonus
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Assistance in travel to and from Stockport train station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer bbq, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms
Other jobs like this
Group Product ManagerAgile Banking Coaching Cross-functional KPIs Mobile OKRs +2
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Home office stipend +2
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs