DevOps Engineer - Remote
Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
ZyteAccess clean, valuable data with web scraping services that drive your business forward. 14 day free trial available.
At Zyte, we eat data for breakfast and you can eat your breakfast anywhere and work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 250 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to extract the data they need to continue to innovate and grow their businesses. We believe that all businesses deserve a smooth pathway to data
For more than a decade, Zyte has led the way in building powerful, easy-to-use tools to collect, format, and deliver web data, quickly, dependably, and at scale. And today, the data we extract helps thousands of organizations make smarter business decisions, secure competitive advantage, and drive sustainable growth. Today, over 3,000 companies and 1 million developers rely on our tools and services to get the data they need from the web.
As a DevOps engineer you'll work closely with developers to make their lives easier through creating automations, your goal is to empower the developers to provide business value and handle everything around running, deploying and upgrading the application.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join our Infrastructure team to help scale, improve and maintain our technology stack which includes Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Prometheus/Grafana and many more.
We are responsible for all the underlying infrastructure our products run on, from clusters hosted on Cloud hosting providers to rented bare metal servers on prem, one of our largest clusters contains more than 140 worker nodes so automation and tooling to support/maintain it is a must.
Open Source is in our DNA and we embrace it as much as possible within our toolkit.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Own assigned trouble cases, managing and keeping up with all cases assigned, follow up and resolve cases in accordance with SLAs
- Write tools and scripts to provide automation and self service solutions for ourselves and other teams
- Design and maintain new systems to support production services
- Creatively solve scalability challenges on a rapidly expanding cloud environment
- Help improve monitoring and identify key performance metrics
- Proactive Research and Development - discovering and implementing new tools, emerging technology, etc.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of server/network and application issues
- Proactively ensure service runs with minimal interruptions
- 6+ years experience working as a DevOps engineer at reasonable scale (dozens of systems) and designing/deploying ‘highly available’ solutions.
- Solid experience in Linux troubleshooting, tuning, profiling, and monitoring
- Solid understanding of network protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, firewalls, VLANs, DNS.
- Skills in the following programming language: Python (a must) and Bash/Shell scripting.
- Experience running microservice applications on containers.
- Experience with Terraform, Helm, Docker and Kubernetes (Running and managing production GKE clusters is a strong plus )
- Understanding of load balancing and reverse proxying techniques.
- Highly organized, able to multitask, able to work individually, as well as within a team, and across teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Flexibility around working hours - if there is an issue you should use your initiative and help resolve it.
- Maintaining and respecting confidentiality of large amounts of information you have access to.
- Experience with Google Cloud.
- Experience with Java.
By joining the Zyte team, you will:
- Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
- Have the freedom & flexibility to work remotely.
- Get the chance to work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
- Allocated hours for Open Source contributions
- 35 paid time off per year
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs