Senior Content Marketing Manager
Mountain View, California, United States, Remote
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 8/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 250 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, Sutter Hill Ventures, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
About This Role
As a Content Marketing Manager, you will be a new and valuable addition to our global demand generation team to help take our content marketing and integrated campaigns to the next level. In our next phase of growth, you will help us establish an efficient content operation process that will create and measure content mapped to target persona and buyer journey. You are an expert in project management and will act as an internal go-to person for our content inventory and performance.
- Develop and manage short- and long-term content editorial calendars, with input from key stakeholders, in support of global marketing objectives. The calendars will reflect publishing schedules of a wide range of content, helping the team connect key schedules for content releases, corporation communications, product launch and campaign roll out in a cohesive manner.
- Define and orchestrate the content production and lifecycle process by closely collaborating with product marketing, corporate communications, creative, geo marketing, and marketing operations.
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations, during campaign planning, on what content will best fit to meet the campaign objectives, and the sources and costs to produce them.
- Act as the go to person for content inventory, content abstract, and content maintenance, version control.
- Develop quantitative content performance goals and provide reports on performance metrics by reach, engagement, promotion channels, topics and formats.
- Work with sales enablement to ensure that we have the right set of content accessible for the sales team at different sales stages.
- Work closely with the product marketing and corporate communications teams to identify keywords and apply them to content creation and SEO consistently.
- Coordinate with content writing resources, both internally and externally.
- Own website gated assets and landing page execution in collaboration with marketing ops and creative team.
Skills and Requirements
- Knowledgeable of demand gen process and buyer journey in the context of content strategy.
- Experience in managing and coordinating with writing resources.
- Knowledgeable in assessing and analyzing a wide range of marketing content, including but not limited to videos, eBooks, white papers, sales decks, tutorials, infographics, mailers, blogs, and social content.
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to extract short-form content from long-form content a strong plus.
- Experience with content management tools a strong plus.
- Experience with marketing automation software, publishing, and CRM tools highly desired, such as Marketo, WordPress, and Salesforce.
- Experience with SEO and SEM a strong plus.
- Team player, with the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Process and metric driven with attention to details.
You also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, or communications.
- 5+ years validated content marketing experience and results in a technical B2B industry; cybersecurity or cloud software experience preferred.
- Successfully worked with a variety of team members across different functions of the organization.
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.