Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Remote (United States)
This position can be remote and based anywhere in the US.
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization.
Reporting to the CMO, you and your team are storytellers who thrill at the opportunity to build a brand with a distinct point of view. Everyday your team is fueled by the purpose of building the Pantheon brand, reputation and story. You embrace a multi-audience strategy encompassing people who buy the Pantheon Platform, hands-on users of the Pantheon Platform and people across the broad WebOps community including employees, partners, influencers, analysts and media across the Openweb ecosystem. You and your team are exceptionally creative, edgy, authentic and thrilled by the opportunity to activate the ecosystem to join in building the WebOps category through an omni-channel communication program. You are a purpose-driven senior leader who is customer-obsessed with proven success synchronizing brand and customer experience in order to build, lead and globally scale successful brand, PR, AR, IR, Social Media, Creative, thought leadership, Content and Internal Communications programs.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Member of the Marketing leadership team creating the rhythm and content of internal and external communication, strategic objectives (OKRs) for marketing and building strong cross-functional team relationships.
- Define and execute corporate brand strategy, ensuring consistent messaging and positioning.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive digital awareness, engagement, empathy and advocacy across customer, partner and employee, lifecycles.
- Manage corporate communications including executive communications, storytelling, messaging development, PR, AR and IR programs.
- Define and deploy best practice processes/frameworks to enable and multiply adoption of creative standards and guidelines for amplifying the essence of Pantheon through engaging tone, voice, design and story across a variety of channels and media (video, podcast, speeches, blogs, social).
- Implement Brand Intelligence to monitor and grow brand health (social listening, share of voice, empathy, etc.)
- Recruit, lead, develop and coach strong, agile, creative and collaborative team responsible for internal and external brand and communication.
What you Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of experience in corporate marketing in the software industry, preferably within SaaS, PaaS or cloud applications.
- Experience with Open Web/Open Source software is a plus.
- Proven track record developing and executing successful B2B and B2C corporate communications, content and brand campaigns.
- Skilled and proven experience bringing creative new campaigns and ideas to life.
- Experience developing and leading exciting, engaging, and highly effective awareness and brand marketing campaigns that influence IT leadership, Marketing and business leaders
- Track record of evolving a brand’s position to a new market category
- Experience applying brand and experience data to measure results, test, learn iterate and inform decision making and strategy
- Proven track record building, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans, and staying focused on “getting it done” in a fast-moving, in fast-moving startup environment.
- Self-directed and able to work and lead with minimal supervision, coordinating stakeholder buy in across many teams and perform
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to distil complex technology concepts into simple “a ha” type intuitive communications.
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation
- Stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.