State Agency Manager
NATIC- AL and MS
Get to know NATIC
North American Title Insurance (NATIC) is a seasoned title insurance underwriter with 60 years of expertise. Through its family companies - North American Title & States Title - we are able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S. Today, the company conducts real estate settlement services in 39 states and the District of Columbia through a network of experienced, independent agents.
With support from NATIC, States Title is intelligently transforming the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. As we partner and innovate, we are making residential real estate simple and efficient while allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Our team is rapidly expanding coverage and introducing groundbreaking predictive title solutions. We expect to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year!
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Manages an area encompassing an entire state(s) with one or more independent title companies providing title and related services. Overseas agency activities, securing and servicing agents and approved attorneys throughout the state to promote new and increased business activity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively and courteously with others
- Continually develop new business by consistently submitting new agent applications.
- Cultivate existing agent relationships to significantly increase share of business remitted to NATIC.
- Update CRM records to reflect the most up to date information possible. Information provided on new applications should be accurate and complete.
- Reporting and correspondence with all levels of management should be clear, concise, and accurate.
- Reporting deadlines, respect appointment/meeting times.
- Visit agent and prospective agent’s offices at least quarterly.
- Perform on-site agent visits and complete necessary reports to determine agent viability.
- Within an assigned state(s), manages agent relationships to maximize productivity and agency operation, securing and servicing agents and approved attorneys for the company.
- The State Agency Manager is accountable for the quality and competency of Independent Agents operation to develop and maintain business and promote a favorable Company image within the state.
- Gathers general information, pertinent to the operation(s):
- From internal company reports;
- From consulting with owners, management and personnel of the title and/or abstract companies, approved attorneys, realtors, builders, mortgage bankers, state insurance commissioners, and other state and local officials;
- From research of printed material, such as financial publications, trade and association journals, legal advance sheets and legislative bulletins.
- Plans, develops and participates in marketing programs to enhance the competitive position and to maximize market penetration.
- Reviews agency underwriting agreement contracts, including exceptions from these contracts which are requested by the prospective agents or approved attorneys.
- Reviews state operations, preparing recommendations to superiors concerning significant changes in direct and agency operations which revise or create operating policies and procedures.
- Performs occasional title plant market studies in connection with proposed acquisition of other title companies and the opening of other direct operations. Makes recommendations regarding loans to agents and prospective agents for procurement of title plant facilities.
- Serves as the company's representative to state title associations and maintains liaison with Insurance Departments.
- Keeps abreast of and apprises Region/Division Manager of pending legislation which affect the Company's business within the state.
- Providing pertinent information to officials, and solicits their assistance bringing about new legislation to create uniformity in title insurance laws.
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal State Agency Manager:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent Required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in overseeing an insurance agency operation.
- Title, Mortgage or other Financial service industry experience highly preferred.
- Strong experience in building relationships with internal and external customers.
- Advance experience in reviewing and approving agency contracts.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to drive an automobile.
What NAT brings to the Table:
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Remote work friendly environment
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your success
- Yearly Bonuses
Details of the Role
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the State Agency Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Requires driving. Finger dexterity is necessary.
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.