Growth Product Manager, Mobile
Remote (US or Canada)
PaperPaper delivers unlimited, 24/7, personalized online tutoring from expert tutors so every student can excel academically.
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
We empower our product teams to solve hard problems – customer problems and business problems – in ways that our customers love and work for our business. To do this, we staff our product teams with the skills necessary to come up with effective solutions that are valuable (our customers choose to buy or use), viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business), usable (the user can figure out how to use) and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement). While the product designer is accountable for ensuring the solution is usable, and the engineers are accountable for ensuring the solution is feasible, the product managers are accountable for ensuring the solution is both valuable and viable.
This also means that product managers must contribute to their product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business – constraints from marketing, sales, service, finance, legal, and privacy are typical examples. You are driven by both a deep knowledge of our users and customers, and by the data we must take action on to provide the most compelling experiences.
Want to impact the lives of millions of students? Together we can influence education and change the lives of students one child at a time. At Paper, we are critical partners to our students as they learn and grow. Ensuring our students have amazing experiences with Paper is a critical part of our growth. To accomplish that and help drive and support our next wave of high growth, Paper is currently looking for a Growth Product Manager, Mobile to join our team!
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
- Deliver solutions that drive user engagement and growth for our mobile apps.
- Own and lead all aspects of our established SDLC on your Growth Squad working with Business Intelligence, Data Science, Design, Development, Quality and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for agile team ceremonies including backlog grooming, triage and prioritization, and cross-functional coordination within Growth and other agile teams.
- Responsible for defining or guiding the scope of development for new product features including management of all backlog and project management activities and interruptions
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of credibility with internal and external partners.
- Analytical ability to break down complex problems and efficiently use data and analytics layered against high-quality user research to inform the direction of the product.
- Track progress, assess risks, coordinate delivery, and actively communicate contingency and mitigation plans for the team.
- Run various ad-hoc research and business analyses to assess opportunities and risks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience leading agile teams.
- Experience as product manager with heavy emphasis on mobile apps.
- Proven consumer product creation and growth.
- Experience leading mobile and web application teams.
- Experience collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams in an agile software development environment.
- Experience overseeing a product from idea to launch, including discovery, business opportunity assessment, agile development, and go-to-market.
- Ability to effectively communicate trade-offs for decisions through strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong listening skills; Product Management is equally about inquiring as it is advocating.
- Leadership experience is a plus
- We’re remote-first…
- …but we still want to meet you, so we’ll fly you in for annual meetups (sometimes more)
- We’re growing fast, and so will your career
- Monthly stipend to support the growth of your home office
- Unlimited access to tutoring and educational support for children of Paper employees
- Benefits, retirement plan (+ match), stock options, and more
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.
Other jobs like this
Lead Product Manager, New Product, GrowthA/B testing Analytics B2B Cross-functional Entrepreneurial Human rights KPIs +2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Fertility benefits Flex hours +7
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs