Senior Data Engineer
Remote, United States
Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to about 300 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India, Poland, Brazil, and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media, and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming eCommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
Our engineering team is growing! We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us and use data skills to address business objectives and drive performance and quality across all data pipelines and products.
What you'll be doing
- [Data Modeling & Design] You will be working with Business, Product and Engineering teams to design, document and implement data tracking and modeling for product features.
- [Data Pipeline & ETLs] You will be responsible for building data pipelines using SQL and/or Python, and creating tables and views for business reporting and analysis needs. You are not only expected to construct datasets that are useful and scalable, but also are expected to make constant changes to existing and new data pipeline jobs to reflect new business requirements and optimize ETL pipeline performance.
- [Ad Hoc Analyses] You will be responsible for providing analytical insights to empower Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering teams.
- [Data Integrity & Data Bug Investigations] You will be responsible for monitoring, investigating and driving intra-team communications on data issues.
- [A/B Testing Design & Executions] You will be responsible for designing and performing A/B testings to track outcomes of recommendation engine video content suggestions, be able to make sense of the testing data and constantly adjust concurrent tests and strive to optimize the recommendations towards the set KPI
We'll be excited if you have
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Highly experienced in data transformation and modeling tools such as DBT
- Proficient in Python or any other programming language
- Working knowledge of REST API
- Working experience with one of the popular orchestration tools such as Airflow
- 1 to 3+ years professional work experience in data or information technology space
- Attention to detail and bias to action: pursue data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and see issues to resolutions
- Experience partnering with data engineering to develop high data integrity, automated reporting and insightful ad-hoc analyses that illuminate traffic volume, consumer engagement, funnel interaction, conversion rates opportunities within acquisition and product flows
- A proven problem solver who can quickly assess quantitative data sets and distill key insights using analytics and statistical methods
- Familiar with data analytics platforms such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience with big data technologies such as SparkSql, Athena, or Druid would be a big plus
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- BS or MS in a quantitative field (statistics, mathematics, economics, finance, operations research, etc.)
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that while Firework and its subsidiaries appreciate agency outreach, we currently do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Firework and its subsidiaries reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs